Chapter Thirty-Five

I had went through another day of school, touching up on my reading and actually improving pretty well. It defiantly helped for not having any distractions like I did before, always concerned about getting picked on by the bigger kids. It was a good feeling to not have to worry much about that anymore. I wasn't so sure at this point if I was making new friends or if they were just more interested in my life and the giants, the things I have gone through. But either way, I guess it's nice to have some people to talk to even if it is just because of Dash and Kent.

If I did make any friends, I wouldn't exactly call them my best friend or anything. They were just someone to talk to every once in a while. If I had to consider someone a close friend, I would definitely say Riley. At this point, he's more like my brother. When we don't have anything else to do, we always find a way to entertain ourselves. Even if it's just by talking.

But anyways, I was told this morning that Dash and Kent will both be getting us from school, but first they had to touch some things up with the court people. So sadly it will be a little late when they can get us. Well actually, until they can get me! The others can get through the portal just fine, I still haven't figured it out yet! What is the secret? What am I doing wrong? From the little bit I've seen from the others, I don't see what I am doing different. Heck, It's mostly children going through this thing! What do I have to do different? I hate still needing assistance just to cross to the different worlds..

I am told it just takes time, it's something I would get with time, when I get a feel for it. I'm not feeling anything but maybe except my mind freaking out from being launched into the air at these frightening heights.

The bell rang out, signaling for us to be dismissed. I was now leaving my last class. Heading for the exit, just in time to catch up with Kaitlin and Riley.
"Hey!" Riley and Kaitlin both greeted me.

"Hi." I waved, stepping up to the doors.
"Sooo, what's the plan? Dash and Kent are still over at the court. It'll be a little bit until they would actually get to us."

Riley looked to Kaitlin for the answer, but they both seemed unsure, so he turned back to me.
"Well.." he started, thinking over our options.
"I guess we could just cross over." He shrugged with uncertainty.

"What about her? She hasn't learned it yet." Kaitlin tapped his arm, making him look to her.

"Well she did make it through completely by herself one time. When she pulled that stunt to see a cannibal." He returned his gaze back to me.

"Um, yeah. Before smacking into a tree and hitting every branch on the way down." I reminded. "And I don't need to get stuck in a tree in the giant realm."

"Okay," Riley thought about it, looking off to the side like he could find the answer somewhere in the air.
"Do you think she could hold onto one of us to get through?" He asked Kaitlin.

"No," she shook her head. "If she doesn't go through it properly then it'll also throw you out of wack too. It would cause the both of you to get thrown out."

"Great," Riley grumbled sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Um, should we just wait here until they are done or..-"

They kept trying to come up with ideas for what to do with me. I'm the only one still holding them back. I don't need to make it this complicated.
"Hey, guys." I cut in from their conversation.
They both immediately went quiet to let me talk.
"You guys just go, I'll go wait up by the court house."

"Are you sure?" Kaitlin asked.

"Yeah, it's cool. This don't need to be that complicated. Just, go on through. I'll wait for Dash and Kent to get out and I'll go through with them." I told them, pushing the doors open.