Chapter Sixteen

"So they have not attempted to hurt you or threaten any of you? Do you know anything about them doing stuff like that?" Miles rested his hands on the table, putting them together.

"No, they don't do that." I rolled my eyes with my arms crossed. I leaned back in the chair. All of us were taken individually out of the big room into some type of smaller, private interrogation room. Zachary Miles kept coming up with constant questions to ask me and this have been going on for a while. He keeps going back to some type of subject that assumes Kent or Dash has been hurting us.

I was now in the room alone with him, it was day two. The court had time to talk and ask Kent or Dash other questions about their purpose and what they wanted. Trying to judge if they were good people or not.

"Soooo, they have not done anything.... bad? Like inappropriate things... um..? No zone.."
He was uncomfortable asking the question, but tried to hint to asking about something which I caught on immediately and was disgusted.

I pushed myself back up into the chair. "No! What the hell type of question is that?!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just required to ask that."

"Like how long are we going to keep this up? We have been doing this forever and I basically told you everything already." I groaned out in annoyance, wanting to just leave.

"Fine." He seemed a little tired and annoyed as well. He closed the book he was writing notes in. "You're free to go."

"Gladly." I got up quickly, making my way to the door. I pulled it open, leaving the dim room and out into the bright, empty hall. I shut the door behind me, looking down one side of the hall and down the other end. I walked up to a window, not far from the room I just came out of. The window was pretty high, the bottom of it was at chest level, and the top of it ended way over my head. I looked out the window, seeing the darkening world outside. It was becoming night, this has been the longest pain in the neck that I had to deal with.

It would have just made things so much easier for me if I were to just leave. Go back to my old home in the woods. I don't even know what Kent and Dash's fate would be after this. If they were to die... I would feel bad and guilty. But if they were to live...... I don't know.. I don't know my true feelings anymore or understand myself from what's going on.

I heard someone walking behind me, I turned around to see Kaitlin about to walk through the door I had just came from.
She put a hand on the door knob but looked at me. I rested my elbow on the window seal. "Good luck." I said casually.

"Thanks." She barely mumbled, seeming to be very tired. Then she opened the door and went on in. I looked back outside the window. They were keeping Dash and Kent in another huge room in another section of this court house. This place was so huge! Did they plan on having giants in here?! But I had no idea what room and where it was at.

I yawned, beginning to get sleepy. I folded my arms on top of the window seal, resting my head onto my arms. I stared up at the beautiful stars in the sky. Making out different shapes in them, including the Big Dipper. I sighed, closing my eyes for a second. Until the sound of a door opening and closing got my attention. I jumped and turned around. Kaitlin was leaving the room.

"Well that was quick." I commented.

"He had to end it early, he was called to do something else." She came up next to me and leaned onto the wall. She rubbed her head, looking exhausted!

"Excuse me, ladies." Miles poked his head out his door, his phone was pressed to his chest. The cord was wrapped around him and lead to his desk. "Where are the rest of you?"