Chapter Thirty-Eight

The entire ride, I stared out the window.. Well, the best I could do anyways since I wasn't leveled with the window how you normally be. I had to have my head crained back so I was able to look out the window even though I couldn't necessarily SEE everything either.. the struggles.. all I could see was the light grey clouds in the sky, the few occasional tree tips, and the rain drops that ran down the window.

The whole ride was quiet, was a little bit of an uncomfortable silence, but most times I found myself zoning out into my mind and hardly paying attention to what was going on around me. At some point, I picked up Riley talking to Dash and the occasional laugh, but I would zone right back out. Watching the rain drops race each other to the bottom of the glass.

I felt the car come to a stop, which made me look around like I had no idea what was happening. I looked up to Dash who put the car into park. His eyes flicked our way for about a split second and he sighed before cutting the car off completely.
I didn't know what his problem was.. maybe he was still unsure about having us tag along?

I can't help my curiosity sometimes, but since I was kidnapped and was technically forced to live here, I should at least be able to see what world exactly am I living in now. Riley reached over, placing his entire hand on the button to unbuckle the seat belt, he pushed it in to release it. He caught the belt before it could fly off and possibly smack me in the face.
He passed it to me, I took it with both hands and brought it behind me where it retracted back to its normal position.

By the time I looked back, Riley had already hopped into Dash's hands and on the journey to his chest pocket.
I pushed myself up to my feet, glancing out the window for a short moment, watching the rain try to pick up again, pouring down a little harder than before.

I felt Dash nudge me, pulling my eyes back onto him. Without too much hesitation, I stepped up into his hand that awaited for me. When he lifted me up high to his pocket, I took this as an advantage as to be able to better see out the window, seeing where we were. Getting a quick, better view, I saw a bunch of parked cars. Different makes and models. Parking lot, looks about the same in my world. Well, of course that one obvious difference. But still, exact same.

I was tapped onto my back by Dash's thumb to bring me out of my mind when I didn't realize he had been waiting for me to get off his hand for a few seconds. I shook my head slightly like I was trying to stop zoning out.
I sat down into his hand to slide into the small place easier, so hopefully I might not crush Riley again. Upon entering the small dark place, I was able to miss Riley when I fell in just by a few inches. I was barely able to keep my balance this time and not fall over, I grabbed onto the brim of the pocket and pulled myself up a little, just enough for my eyes to peer out. I felt movement next to me, Riley shifting. But I didn't bother to look down at him.

Until by the time he stood next to me, like he was copying what I was doing. He also seemed curious as I. Looking out into this strange new world.

"Now, please keep your voices down and move as less as you possibly can. I would like to not have any curious eyes on me if they see too much movement." Dash told us before getting out of the car.

"What if they do see us, would they try to hurt us or something? Like the cannibals?" I craned my head all the way up to look at Dash.

"Well, it is possible to find them here but most likely if it's a normal person, no. They shouldn't but then again they might not know how to handle you if they get their hands on you. They would be curious. They don't know how to treat humans. It's just best to not be seen or cause any of that type of commotion." His eyes didn't even look at me, but rather stared straight ahead at the entrance of the store. The beep of the car locking sounded behind us, Dash sat his keys into his right side pocket.

"Riley, didn't you say you came out here before? Was this the place you went to?" I turned to him.

Riley scratched his head, like he was pondering the answer. "I can't really remember, it's been a while." He turned his head to look up. "Dash, where did I go again?"

Dash's eyebrows narrowed, he too had to think of the answer to this question. "I think it was to the bank if I am right."

"So I take it that it has been a while since any human has came out like this." I remarked.

"I don't see it safe. If something were to happen, I would never forgive myself. It's just easier to not take many risks and have them stay home where it is safe." Dash was now approaching the door.

A child, giant of course, stood outside of the store with a box of some type of juice. His Mother right next to him but had her back turned, talking on her cell phone. The child had both hands on his juice box while he was drinking away. He may or may not have noticed us..

The kid's eyes locked on, his eyes went slightly wide and he stopped drinking. Slowly he took the straw out of his mouth.

"Sup." Riley kinda of saluted to the child while we passed by. The child slowly looked to his juice box almost like he was thinking "What is in this?"

"What did I just tell you? Please, heads down." Dash pinched his pocket and pulled on it. Making it wider, and us falling back in. I fell, grunting. The pocket slowly closed back, seeing a little bit of light fade away. Almost like being swallowed up by the fabric.