Chapter Thirty-One

I slowly walked to the door, rubbing my tired eyes and yawing. It was like six thirty in the freaking morning! Why the heck did Dash want us up so early to go to the human realm? I do not feel like being up, I do not feel like being airborne, and I do not feel like having to be caught. I am not in the mood. This is way too early for me to be up and moving around. I sat down onto the top step of the stairs, pulling myself down them. 

"Good morning." Kent walked by me. I looked up to him, glaring. 

"Okay then, not a good morning." He said like it was a mistake to say anything to me, carrying back on down the stairs and to the door. I continued going down the stairs until I got to the bottom, Timothy, Dylan, Carter, Jonas and others seemed exhausted as well, heading to the main door I was waiting by. 

I leaned on the glass that outlined the big door, I closed my eyes, pinching the bridge of my nose. The door clicked, opening. Air gust blew past me, blowing some hair back. The morning cool air came to greet me. 

"Let's go, guys." Kent walked out the door, holding it open for the rest of us. I pushed myself off the glass wall, going out the door. 

"You feel dead inside too?" I heard Riley asked behind me. I glanced over my shoulder at him, giving a small nod. 

"Yeah.. Do you have any idea why they wanted us up so early?" 

He shook his head. "No, I know as much as you do. I think that's all of us." 
We had to practically force ourselves to go down the three stairs, which wasn't a lot. We were just tired. 

"Do you think anybody would notice if I just went back to bed?" 

Riley smiled. "Um, yes. They definitely will."

Kent ran up to the light pole by the time we made it there. He quickly clicked the button to allow the portal to open.  "Where the hell is Dash?" Kent wondered aloud, looking around his surroundings. 

The door to the house opened. "I'm coming, hold on." Dash walked out the door, holding it open for the last remaining kids. "Oh! Careful." He grabbed a little boy's shirt before he could have fell down the stairs. 

"Kent, you go ahead through. I'll assist them from here." Dash waved Kent on. 

By the time I already looked back, Kent was gone. 
Riley set his hand on my shoulder. "I'll see you on the flip side." 
He ran up to it, jumping through. 

Ugh! I am not in the mood for this.. 
"Mavis, you got it or do you-" 

I waved Dash off, not even looking at him. "I got it." I clipped my hat onto my belt loop and jumped through. As fast as I went in, was as fast as I got shot out. 

"Good try." Kent tried to make it a little better when he still had to catch me from falling. 

I was in a kind of an uncomfortable position with my arms crossed. "Actually, I didn't try.." I grumbled as he lowered me back down. I quickly pulled myself off and out of his hand just as Dash came through. I met up with Riley, who was standing near the group of the other kids. 

"Can we just stay in one world and not have to keep passing through that thing? This world seems nice." I motioned to the world we had entered, the one I was born in. 

Riley showed amusement on his face. "Sorry, at this point, we need both worlds. You'll figure out eventually how to work that thing. It just takes a while." he pointed with his thumb back to the portal that was now closing. 

The two giants began to lead the way to the village. 
I crossed my arms, walking with Riley. At this point, I'm just tired of going through that unforgiving thing! What if one day I am not caught? Kent can't always keep catching me. I could land wrong and end up breaking something or worse. Last time when I did it by myself, I was just lucky. I was lucky I wasn't thrown as high as it would normally would. I was lucky that I didn't get too bad of a landing on that tree and left with only a few bruises. 

I always found comfort being in my own world, here.
Being in Dash and Kent's world, I guess it wasn't too bad but sometimes I just felt unable to do a lot of things. Like a lot of things were way too far out of reach, things were harder to do, always feelings a bit helpless. 

Tch, like i'm going to keep asking for help from those guys. I rolled my eyes. I stopped when everyone else had stopped walking. There was a group of people in front of us with bags in their hands. They approached us, giving each of us a bag. A bag was shoved into my arms, almost dropping it from how heavy it was. 

"Wait what?" I looked around and to Riley just as he was given a bag as well. I looked down to what was in my arms. It wasn't just a bag, it was a book bag. Oh no.. Not a good sign.. 

A women stood in front of their little group in front of ours. She smiled. "Everyone, open your bags." She told us. I looked off to the right, seeing Dash and Kent standing off to the side, maybe seeming a little too proud. 

I put my bag onto the ground, crouching down. I unzipped the dark grey bag. Finding a barely folded piece of paper on top. Pulling that out, there was books underneath it. I unfolded the paper, scanning over it. Dang it! Words! Make sense! 

Something something, school, something something, class, something- Nope! Can I return this?! Take this back! I looked over to Riley who didn't seem upset but not exactly thrilled either. 

"What is this?" I asked him, holding up the paper. 

"Class schedule. Apparently we are already enrolled." he looked over the paper. 

I groaned, putting the paper back and zipping it up. I am not ready to go back there again. I don't need to deal with people. I was reminded of how it was when I did go to school. I was stuck with those boys, we had gone to the same school, that's where I had met them anyways. 

They made school a complete hell! Out of school wasn't much better either. They would destroy my books, home work, they would make me fail. Then I would worry when I would run into them again so the stress was killing me, preventing me from paying much attention to anything the teacher was saying or doing. The teachers dubbed me having a disability or a memory problem when I would lie and say that I kept forgetting my homework because I didn't want to cause trouble with the boys and make matters worse than they already were. 

But that was then, I was younger. I was terrified of them. I have gotten a little better, but I still could have done more. I looked down to the bag that was now back in my arms. 
I guess I'm going back to school..