Chapter Forty-Five

Just getting back out of the shower, I ran my hand across the fogged up mirror. Gripping the towel with my left hand, the tan towel wrapped around my body. I looked at myself in the mirror, noticing that I had just a little bit more weight on me than I did before. Not saying I was getting fat or overweight, I was a little underweight when I lived out on my own. Constantly running everyday to avoid the hands of giants and hardly being able to eat. I now noticed that I was put back at the proper weight that I was suppose to be. I looked down my body, seeing no more cuts or bruises anywhere on me. All has vanished.

Maybe except for some signs that showed in my right hand and forehead, where I had gotten a cut before. On my forehead, there was a faint red line that ran across it.
My hand, a cut still a little present but was trying it's best to heal. I used my right hand, that had the cut across the palm, to push my hair back. I quickly grabbed my clothes, setting my mind back onto getting dressed.

Today was a new day, I was meeting my Father..
I wasn't gonna lie, at least to myself that I was a bit nervous. I mean, I haven't formally met the man. Be able to talk to him or anything. The only possible time I have spent with him was for a month. That was the first month of my life before I was handed over to be taken into the orphanage.

I don't remember anything about him, I don't know what to even expect. What is he gonna be like? Is he gonna care? Will he not? Is he gonna be a jerk or actually a good guy? I won't know.

I threw both of my hands up onto my head, pushing my curly brown hair back in stress.
I had gotten my new jeans on, I grabbed onto a black tank top, throwing on a faded red vest-like hoodie. I grabbed a hair brush that was already on the counter, gripping my hair tightly while I tried to brush all of the knots out. My face twisting into pain and frustration, trying to get the hair brush through my stubborn hair.

After a few brushing, until I got it more manageable, I set the brush back down, on instinct I reached for my black hat that sat on the counter. Then I stopped myself. Looking down at it, I pulled my hand back and left it there. Deciding not to wear it today.

I left the bathroom, out the door and down to the big glass, double doors that lead outside. Everyone awaited there for me.

When they saw me coming, Dash opened the door.
"Alright, let's go." He held the door open for all of the children. I got down the steps, jumping down from them instead of scooting down them like I did in the beginning. Becoming more use to them and getting around in general.

"You're not gonna wear your hat today, Short stuff?"

I looked up to Kent. "You know, I'm curious if you even know my actual name. And no, I decided to go without it. I'll be different today."
I kept walking, following everyone out.

"Go turn the portal on." Dash mumbled to Kent, which of course he ran to go start it up.

I could hear the power of the portal when it turned on while I hopped down from the last three outside stairs. Kids that had already made it up there started going through, I looked up to watch them. I wish I could just learn how to do that already. I am so sick and tired of having to relay on another person. I want to do things myself, if i'm going to be staying here now, I want to be more independent.

I got in front of the circling vortex, seeing blue swirling with yellow, orange, and pink. I wonder if I could just take a parachute through that and when I get thrown out the other side I could just float safety down instead. I looked down to hide a smile from the weird thought and back up to the huge thing in front of me.

I ran through it, feeling myself go weightless and flying/falling through all of the swirling colors around me. A dark orange was the main color that surrounded me, mixed with a hint of yellow and red. Without really realizing it since I was so distracted in the beautiful colors, I had came up to the end.

I flew through it, feeling the air rush past me until it was all suddenly stopped, and everything went black. Everything was dark. Kent caught me again..

He opened his hands, light spilling in through his fingers.
I could feel the sun's warmth on my skin as I was revealed to the world. I looked up to the blonde haired man.
"Any better?" I pushed myself to sit up more while he lowered me down to the ground.

"Same as last time, you still need to slow the speed down."

I pushed myself off of his hands and onto the grassy ground. "And how am I suppose to even be able to do that?"

He shrugged. "Again, that's just something you will have to figure out for yourself." He got back up, awaiting for any other children that has not came through yet.

By the time everyone has came through, Dash, like normal, is the last one that arrived.
He leaned to Kent, tapping him on his arm to get his attention. "You take the children to go do something else, I'll take Mavis for her Father."

Kent nodded in approval. "Okay, come on guys. Lets go to the park." Kent called for all of the children which of course followed happily.

"Are you ready?" Dash walked past me, looking down to me.

"I suppose.." I rubbed my arm.

"I'll go with you." Riley came up from behind me and stood next to me on my right.

"No, go back with the others. Stay with Kent." Dash stopped him, pointing in the direction Kent went.

Riley looked at me, taking about two small, unsure steps backwards. Like he did not want to go with Kent.

"Go on." Dash urged. "We won't be long."

Riley walked backwards a little then he just turned away and left all together. Catching up with Kent and the others. I looked back up to Dash, following him while he lead the way.

I started to think to myself, planning out what am I gonna do. Heck, what am I suppose to even say to this man? 'Hey, where ya been?'
'Why you leave me?'

What am I suppose to expect, and what if he wants me back? What if he now got his life in order? If he takes me back, I won't be able to see Riley a lot, Kaitlin, Maddie, Elijah, Carter, Dylan.. Everyone. I won't be able to be with them as much.
I don't know if I should be mad at him or not. I don't know what am I suppose to feel at all. Mad that he didn't try very hard to keep me in his life, or glad that I am away from someone who must have not cared very much.

Either way, I was going to find out what was going through his mind. I wanted to find out as much as I possible could.

"Alright," Dash turned back to me. He crouched down to get more at my level. "I'm going to leave the rest up to you."

"Why, what's happening?" I said with a little more concern in my voice than I was intending.

"If I am there, I couldn't tell you how he would react. I don't need to cause anything. This is your battle. I'll leave it up to you. You do what you want to. Even... if that means you want to stay with him."

A weird feeling shot up to my chest, my eyes went wide. I felt almost like I couldn't move. "You're.... You're letting me go..?"

"That is if you want to. With people knowing about us now, I can give you more freedom and I can grant you your own freedom to choose your own path. If you want to stay with us, or you want to stay with your Father. It's whatever you choose." He brought himself back up onto his feet. "I will give you two your own time alone, I will come back for you. Just let me know what you choose." He left into another direction. I watched him leave, then turned back to where we were originally headed. Seeing a white house in front of me. Two story, white house. Didn't look like it was in the best condition, it could have been better.

I walked down the driveway and up to the house. Trees surrounded the house, living near the woods. Living in the woods must go through the family.. Since I use to before.

I approached the stairs, moving slower now. I hesitantly made it up the little stairs and up to the door. The porch was painted a dark grey but it was fading, if the house was actually kept up with, it would actually be a beautiful home. I looked down to see the door bell to the left of me, a little white button with a gold color wrapped around it. I brought my hand up, hesitant on pushing the button. I stared at it for a moment, then made myself to push it. I could hear the ringing of the door bell.
Not too long after, I heard footsteps rushing up to the door. The door knob shook, then the door opened.