Chapter Nine

Everyone was all gathered into the rectangular room. I stood on the table, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed like I didn't have a care in the world.

"Okay!" Kent clapped his hands together, stepping into the middle of the room. "What game?"

"Ooo! Ooo! Racing game!" A little boy yelled out, raising his hand.

"Mmm.. Not gonna happen, we don't have those special controllers done yet for any games." Kent squinted his eyes. "What else?"

"Monopoly?" Another boy asked.

"Uhh.. I don't know.. Last time some of you kept fighting over who would be the car, then would try to run each other over with the car." Kent walked back and forth.

"Tag?" A little girl suggested.

"No way," I cut in, causing her turn to look at me. "You know how horrifying it would be to turn around to see them coming after you when they are it? It would become a game of hide and seek."

Kent clapped his hands and pointed at me. "Perfect! Hide and seek it is!"

Oh dear lord what have I done..?

"Alright! Go find your hiding spot! Dash and I will be it, do not kill each other over a spot. And do not leave the library, that's the hiding zone."

All the kids ran to the side of the table and jumped off. I felt my heart stop for a second, but began beating when luckily I saw them holding onto the ropes that hung from the ceiling. These kids have been here long enough that they are able to get around like this without the aid of any of the two brothers.. What was I even suppose to do? How do they expect me to get down? I came up on the edge of the table, seeing how far away the ground was. I got a little dizzy even thinking about jumping onto the rope like the others did. But if they can do it, I can do it. Or eventually I can.. But there was no turning back now. I took a breath, then ran and jumped off of the table. When I felt the rope hit my hands, that same second I grabbed it as tight as possible. I came to a stop, my hands stinging. Thank God they had knots tied on the rope to make it easier to hold on.

I held on tightly, kinda scared to even attempt to move. "Mavis! Let me help you." Dash rushed to me, getting down to his knees and holding both of his hands under me.

"No! Go away! I can do it myself." I swatted at him to go away, bad move.. Doing this sudden motion, my other hand slipped and I was falling once again. I yelped, closing my eyes until I felt myself stop. I rolled over, opening my eyes to find myself in Dash's hands.

"So I take it that you really did need my help?"He said almost smugly.

I rolled my eyes. "Okay, maybe I did." I admitted.

"There's no shame in that." He lowered me back down to the ground, allowing me to get off. I grabbed his finger to help myself up, quickly climbing off.

"Now, go hide. Can I trust you that you won't run away?" He quizzed.

I thought about it for a few seconds. "Maybe just for this round."

"Good enough, now go." He nudged me to go on and out the room. I got out without Dash, he stayed back in the room. I looked around the area, seeing a bunch of book shelves lining the walls. He has his own library?!