Chapter Twenty- six

"Hey, pick on someone your own size." Kent pushed by all the leaves of a tree. Dash came up from right behind him.

"Oh, are these your friends you were talking about?" He held me up to his face then looked back to the two. "I would watch it if I were you, won't want to do something you might regret." He held me up by the back of my sweater. My feet dangling, my sweater barely held me up. If that were to rip or I were to slip out, it won't be pretty. Seeing the height I was at kind of innerly made me freak out.

"Easy, let's not do anything crazy." Dash tried to ease the situation, taking very small steps towards him.

"Crazy? Don't test me!" He pointed at Dash, shuffling away a little. He held me up higher, above his head. Opening his mouth, threatening to eat me. WHOA WHOA! I grabbed his fingers, trying to get a grip and pray to God I don't die today.

Dash froze, not daring to take another step. I knew I should have just stayed in bed. Now I just caused myself to be put in danger, not the way I would have wanted to go out but crap happens.
"I want you two, to leave me alone. I'll keep your little friend with me to insure none of you come after me. If you dare, you know what happens next." He shook me, making me feel unstable, feeling like I could fall any second.

The cannibal looked me down, smiling when he could sense the small bit of fear I might have shown. At that same moment, everything went so fast. He was thrown to the ground, since he also had a small grip of my shirt as well, my shirt kinda choked me when he hit the ground. His hand that contained me flew up, losing his grip. I was thrown through the air, the whole world spun past me in a blur. I about squealed on accident as I was air borne. I hit something, landing uncomfortably. I pushed myself up, pulling my hair out of my eyes. I looked down to my hands that held me up, seeing skin beneath me. Looking up behind me, Kent held me in cupped hands, he had caught me.

I groaned, grabbing his finger to help steady myself. Looking where I came, Dash had the cannibal pinned to the ground. Whoa..

"Hey hey, bro. I wasn't really going to hurt her! If I wanted to, don't you think I would have done that already?" He tried to defend himself, backing down from the sudden turn of events.

"How stupid do you think I am.." Dash turned the guy over, hand cuffing him. So is Dash kind of like a cop around here? But just for these guys? He yanked him up, coming over to where Kent and I was.
"Did you want to take him or-"

"I got him." Kent grabbed the guy's bound hands, right at the cuffs.

Dash held his hands out which Kent tilted his hand to his, having me slide off of his hand and to his older brother's.

"How the hell did he get you, short stuff? Or did we just suck?" Kent said almost like he was amazed that I was caught.

"Cannibals stop at nothing to get what they want. We had a limit." Dash answered for me.

"Also, something I would like to know is what did you think you were doing following us like that?" Dash then turned it back on me. Okay, I knew this was coming at some point. I'm in trouble.

"I-I was curious.."

"Yes well, you know curiosity can get you killed right?" He looked ahead.

"I know.." I looked down.

"But I am not mad." He finally said, which I looked back up to him.
"Curiosity gets kids more and sometimes they like to test the boundaries. I was just worried for you, I don't want anything to happen to you. You could have been killed doing a stunt like that. Just please don't ever do that again."

I took a moment, then nodded. "Okay.."

"Pfft," the cannibal rolled his eyes. "Kill me now.." He grumbled.