Chapter Thirty-Four

Having the last class of the day, Math. Mr. Dimarzo split up work for me. Mostly working with my reading at first then with math. It was now the end of class and everyone was either finishing up work or occupying themselves with something else.

School for me, luckily I only had three classes a day. So it made it slightly more bearable. All three mostly focusing on my reading even though they were different classes, I was still given work different from the others. I don't exactly enjoy going to school, it was boring. Well at least I get more time to be in the human realm, it's nice to get away from things that are bigger than me for a few hours.

"Hey, New Girl." A boy who sat in front of me said, scooting his chair closer to me. "How tall are those giants you live with, huh?"
Right as he asked that, it seemed to have drew the attention of the rest of the class. All except for the teacher. He sort of looked up like he was showing interest but pretended that he didn't and returned back to his work.

I sat back in my chair, shrugging. "I don't know. I don't know measurements or what visual I could use to give an idea."

"Are they bigger than the school?" He asked trying to help me give him an idea.

"Defiantly." I nodded.

Another kid scooted closer. "How about a skyscraper?"

"Defiantly not. I would have lost my mind." I folded my arms.

"A tree?" Another boy joined in, right before I knew it, most of the class has scooted closer like they were all ganging up and closing in on me.

"Depends on the tree," I replied. "But they are normally a little bigger. What I have seen, a tree usually comes up to about their shoulders or just below their shoulders."

"Wow.." a girl from the back sounded.

"How'd you become involved with them? Like how did you meet them?" The first boy asked a new question.

"Um," I scratched my head. "That's a little bit of a long story."

One boy looked up to the clock. "We still got ten minuets left."
One more kid scooter their chair closer.

I sighed.
"Um, let's just say I had no where else to go and they kind of.....'took me in'." I quoted the last words with my fingers.

"Were you scared of them?" A random kid asked.

"Pfft," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "At first, it would scare anybody who has never seen one before. Later, they more annoyed me than anything."

"They got names?" First kid asked.

"Of course. Dash and Kent." I answered.

"Dash? Pfft, what kind of name is that?" Another boy laughed.

"It's the name he was given just like the name you were given." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"How old are they?" The first boy asked to move onto a different topic.

I moved my shoulders up. "I don't know, late twenties maybe for Dash. Mid or early twenties for Kent."

"Where you all live, is everything bigger than you or do you live around here or..?" A girl joined in.

"There's a whole other dimension-like place we go to. Everything is bigger."