Chapter Forty-Two

Pushing the big, heavy doors open, I walked outside of the school at yet another end to the school day. Nothing eventful has been really happening.

But I do feel like I am treated a little differently. Well I guess that's just something I'm suppose to expect at this point. I'm technically relearning things everyone at this age should know by now and I don't even live with my own kind. How could I be treated the same?
I'm curious if the others are getting the same treatment or not, I would assume they are.

"Hey, Mavis!" I could hear Riley shove the door open, trying to catch up with me.

I turned around to face him, offering him a smile. "Hey, Riley." I turned and began walking in the direction I was going when he had caught up with me.

He groaned. "Today was super boring for me, how about you?"

"Same, but I'm curious in something." I started.

"In what?" He asked, allowing me to go on.

"Are you getting treated differently too? Have you noticed any of that?"

"Lemme see, have I been treated different?" His eyes looked up like he was thinking about it. "Yes!" He said like it was obvious, which I kinda knew it was. "What do you think, of course people will treat us like we're aliens. It's not really normal to be living in the conditions we are."

"Okay okay," I rolled my eyes. "I know, It's just we're not in really any classes together and I hardly see Kaitlin anywhere so I have no idea if you two are getting the same treatment I am."

"Someone say my name?" Kaitlin suddenly appeared next to me.

"So Dash and Kent are back in the court room, are you going back there?" Riley questioned me, like he completely ignored Kaitlin.

"I have to, I can't go through that thing myself." I carelessly pointed in the direction of the light pole.

"Well, I'll stay with you." Kaitlin responded.

"Yeah, I will too." Riley joined in.

"Okay, no no no. I don't need to hold anybody back. You two don't have to walk up there with me." I turned around, walking backwards.

"What are you talking about? I have nothing better to do and I didn't get any homework today."

I looked from Riley to Kaitlin who started talking next.
"And I finished all of my English homework in last class." She stated firmly.

"Mavis, I think we all know we can't trust you and the last time we left you alone like this you came home with a bloody lip. We're coming with you." Riley began walking automatically in the direction of the court house, seeming like there was absolutely no way to stop him.
Kaitlin walked past me, following Riley, they both knew I would have to give in and just follow.

"Okay, fine." I gave up and just walked behind them. I looked up and watched the dark clouds roll over, the wind had a little strength and was a bit chilly. With time, we finally reached the court house.

"Oh, wow." I heard Kaitlin.

I looked ahead to see what she was talking about, seeing what was the front entrance of the building being worked on. There was a bunch of workers on the outside, looked like they were tearing that one wall down. What was going on?

"Can we still go in that way?.. Or is there another way in?.." I stared up at it.

"Come on." Riley tapped both, mine and Kaitlin's arms and ran off into another direction.
Upon following him in that direction, there was another side door. He tugged onto the door which surprisingly opened.

"Ladies first." Riley held the door open, leaning on it.

I just stood there, like I was waiting for something. "Then why aren't you going in?"

His expression dropped. "Okay fine, I see how it's going to be." He went ahead and went in first. I smiled in response. We followed the hall to the end and eventually found the main room.

Kent and Dash were in the middle of the room, in front of the judge. They seemed to be pretty busy so we didn't bother to say anything, we just entered the room and took a seat in the same spot we sat when they were deciding the brother's fate.

I sat back in my seat, kicking my feet up onto the little wall divider. Riley pushed my feet off, his eyes said to not do that. I put my feet firmly on the ground but slouched in my seat, the room was dimmed so it was actually pretty comfortable. I was curious to how long would this take.

Kaitlin sat in the row of seats right behind me, Riley sat next to me, a seat over.
"Let's just appreciate for a moment that my eyeliner is on fleek." Kaitlin popped up next to me.

"Well good for you, and question." Suddenly something came to mind.

"Yes?" She asked.

"Sh, keep your voice down. You're being a little loud."Riley shushed us. Since the room was so big and there was like no body else here, our voices kind of echoed off the walls and came out louder than what they really are.

"Okay, Dad." I playfully called him, rolling my eyes, then turned back to Kaitlin. "How did you get eyeliner?"

"Dash got it for me." Was all she said to answer my question.

"How?"
How could Dash get her something like that? Buying it from this world, can't pay with cash money because it would be useless to them because it'll be so big. Can't pay credit card, the credit card would be bigger than the actual machine! In the giant realm, there are no shops or anything for humans. In that world, it is not made for humans. Humans can be there, but they kinda aren't suppose to be.

"He gave me the numbers to his credit card and I gave it to the guy working the register in some store." She sat back, admiring the eye liner that she held in her hands like it was the best thing ever.

"And that worked?" I asked, a little surprised that them being from a different world,dimension, realm, that it was able to work in a completely different area.

"Yeah, it's like what you do when you order things online. I also got this choker necklace." She smiled, putting her hand onto the what looked like a Harry Potter necklace around her neck.

I turned my head to look back to what Dash and Kent were doing, zoning into their conversation.
"Just to be clear, if anything, any bad conflict was to happen with your kind, military will stand by and will not hesitate to open fire. Including if it was caused by either of you." The judge told them seriously, having a blank expression.

"Yes, ma'am." Dash gave a nod.