Chapter Forty-Nine

I stirred in my sleep, tossing and turning. Then I suddenly woke up, jumping up in my bed. I rubbed my tired eyes, looking around my room. I glanced over to the night stand next to me. The time that was displayed on the digital clock was One forty-eight in the morning.

I groaned, leaning backwards to stretch my back.
Then I heard motion, out in the hall..
Wasn't Dash and Kent suppose to be out on another job tonight? Well I suppose they could be back now. I shoved the blankets off of me, pulling my knees up to my chest to pull my legs out from the blankets. I got myself up and shuffled onto the nightstand almost like a zombie, then down the stairs and to my bedroom door. I tiredly pulled the rope down to open the door. I waddled out the door and followed where I had heard a noise, traveling down the hall. I rubbed at my eyes again as I made it closer to a bed room door.

By the time I moved my hand away, standing in front of a bedroom that was Timothy's, I saw a figure. A tall figure, giant.
I froze in my place, my heart beat started to beat at my chest. It didn't look like it was Dash or Kent..

It was different.. My eyes ran around the room, I couldn't spot Timothy, even though I couldn't see if he was in his bed very clearly and it being so dark. It was hard to tell.
Worse thing about this picture.. It appeared the being was chewing...

When the thing moved, turning his body, on instinct I threw myself out of sight and pushed myself up again the wall.
What the heck was happening?! Who was that?! What is he doing here?! How'd he even get in?! I pushed myself to run down the hall, I ran as fast and as far as I could, but of course being sure to keep my eyes open in case there was another one. I ran all the way to Dash's room, cracking the door just enough to squeeze my body through, I ran towards his bed, his room was dark.

"Dash! Dash, Dash." I called, grabbing the blankets that hung off the bed.
I used all of the muscle I had and with the adrenaline running through my body almost like gave me an extra boost. I pulled myself onto his bed, only finding no Dash..

"Dash?" I glanced around the room, hoping he just left the room for a moment and praying to myself that he was not still out.
I heard the door begin to open, slowly. I reacted by grabbing the blankets and throwing it over my body. Hiding myself from sight. I knew that wasn't Dash, the thing must have heard me and followed me to this room. Surprising me, he was not there long. The next second I heard the door shut. I waited, still in my spot for a moment to be sure he was really gone since I couldn't see him. After hearing no more movement, I slowly pushed the blankets off of me, scanning the room, seeing he was gone.

Cannibals... He was a cannibal! How?!
I would assume Dash and Kent are still out on their mission, they better hurry! I scooted to the edge of the bed, sliding down the hanging blankets but tumbled near the end. I pushed myself back up onto my feet then ran to the door, glancing outside of it. I need to do something! Who knows how long he has been here and the others don't know. Or.. How many could he have killed..? He killed Timothy.. didn't he..? I can't let them hurt anymore.

I snuck out of the room, listening for any little sounds. It was almost like I was reverting back to when I lived on the streets. Except this time is much more serious.
As I rounded a corner, I gasped, jumping back behind the corner, pinning myself to the wall. There was another cannibal haunting the halls. There was definatly more than one. How are they getting in?! I took a detour. This place being so big had its advantages, and also it's disadvantages. On the plus side, there was another way I could take to get to the hall I wanted to go down, on the down side, it would take a little time to get there and so many places to go.

I took the other route, getting right to where the hall ends and the hall where the cannibal was wondering joins. I just needed to run across this hall to go down the hall to my bedroom. I put my right hand on the wall, gingerly peeking around the corner, I watched the huge being's every move. He had his back turned to me, choosing the time, I quickly dashed across the hall and down the conjoining hall that held my room and a bunch of other children's rooms.