Chapter Four

I was a little hesitant taking even another step. I was able to push myself a little further into the room. I rubbed my left arm a little  nervously.

"Need guidance?" A male voice said from behind me, but up high. I flinched, turning around then looking up.
Kent walked around me, keeping eye contact with me. 

"I see you didn't crack your head completely open." He added.

I scowled at him, rubbing my fingers over the new bandaging over my forehead. "No, I'm fine. I'm tougher than I look." 

"Sure you are." 

"Kent! Kent!" A little girl ran up to the giant without any signs of hesitation. Kent turned to his right little ways, looking down to the small child. Her hair in blonde, delegate curls. Her skin was pale, showing signs of freckles scattered under her pale blue eyes which held pure excitement and hope.  She cupped her hands together, looking all the way up into the eyes of the giant that stood before her. "Come on, Kent! The game is about to begin!" She yelled excitingly up to him. 

He smiled down to her, holding his hands up and nodding his head, understanding.  "Okay okay, I'm coming." He lightly laughed. He looked down to me, his smile slowly forming back to his normal features. Once the little girl started to skip away, Kent leisurely followed her. 

What am I even expected to do? What should I do, what can I do? I looked at the door I came through, staring at it, forming an idea. But before that idea could be further progressed, a booming voice played around the whole building. I jumped, throwing my arms up to my head in surprise. 

"Dinner is ready, please report to the cafeteria." 

What was that?! Sounded like Dash, my eyes ran all around the room trying to spot where the voice had came from. But all the kids ran past me in excitement, pushing by me. They shoved past me, making me fall to the ground, on my butt. This made my eyes look above me, seeing a speaker on the ceiling of the room. So that's how he communicates to all of the kids? He really thought of everything didn't he? Still on the ground, I looked over to the door. How are they gonna get- 

They pulled a rope that hung from the handle that was the door knob. Seems like it was extra loosened so they can make their way around the building as they pleased. Well that's how.. I pushed myself back up to my feet, brushing any dirt off of my jeans. Kent got next to me, it was weird to be standing next to this guy after spending most of my life running from them. 

He looked down to me. "You know where you're going?" He questioned me. 

I craned my head to look up at him. "I just got here soo, no." 

He bent down to me, not even offering a hand. He swung his arm, just grabbing me. His hand wrapped around my waist. I was quickly brought back up into the air as he stood back to his normal height. Heading out the door and down the hall. 

"Kent! What are you doing?!" I yelled, trying to pull away but guess what, that doesn't work. But I'm also a little stubborn. 

"I'm showing you to the cafeteria, so you can find it next time." He responded, acting like he had no idea what he did wrong. 

"I don't like being grabbed, put me down!" 

He stopped abruptly. "So you don't want my help?" 

"No, I do not want your help." I firmly told him. He looked down, then back to me like he was thinking. "Okay," He slowly lowered me back down to the floor. My feet barely came into contact with the ground when he just kinda let go a little quickly. I stumbled a little, being set at first off balance. That's bette-... There's stairs.. 
"Good luck." He walked ahead, going up the three steps without a problem and carrying on down the long hall. 

I kept glancing back and forth to the stairs and to Kent. Well then, I'm sure I can do it. I pulled myself up the first step. That was actually a little work to do, I crawled to the next step, grabbing it and pulling myself up as well. The stairs wasn't exactly taller than me, but they at least came up to just a little below my shoulders. I grabbed the last one, then jumped to give myself a better boost. I flopped over the other side, at the top. I laid on my back, starring up at the white ceiling. How does the other kids do this every day? Am I just that much out of shape? I heard the laughter of the children as the ran past me. I prompted myself up onto the elbows, looking to where they had came from. There's a ramp.. This whole time there was a ramp, I didn't have to climb up the stairs.. 

I flopped back down, laughing at myself. Sometimes I apparently may not be the smartest, or not very observant. I rolled to my left side and onto my knees to get up. I headed in the direction the others ran too, watching them to see which door did they run into. But I'm sure I would know it when I see it. I'm curious to how will they be eating. If this is some type of like giant realm, then isn't everything going to be jumbo sized? The food? The furniture? Are we just gonna be sitting on the dirty floor and eating from our laps?

I got to these huge double doors, having to put all of my muscle into pushing it open. They slowly came open, I looked around the room. There was a giant, curved booth like what you would see at restaurants on the right side of the room. But upon a closer look, on one side it was normal, the other side, the seats were brought up. What it looked like, giants ate on the left side and humans on right. There was a set of stairs on the human side, the flooring was brought up more. So sitting there it felt like you were eating at a normal table. Wow.. Dash really have thought of everything..