Chapter Fourteen

After a while of riding to somewhere unknown, the car came to a stop. The back doors flew open, light filling the cramped area.
"Alright, come on." A man said, gesturing for us all to come out of the car.

"What did you do to them?!" Timothy, a young boy, yelled out at them.

"The giants? Well, they're on their way to this area. We had to load them up and they will be here shortly. But don't worry, we will talk more about them in a little bit to all of you. Now let's go." The man in the dark, green suit backed up to give us all room to jump out.

"Come on." I urged quietly to Maddie, the little girl that hugged onto me during the whole ride. I fell out the back, landing onto my feet. Maddie jumped out as well, staying close to me.

The rest of the kids emptied out of the van, while some other army men stayed in a circle around us. Making sure none of us would run or get away.

The leader, stepped up to us. Staring mostly me down since I was one of the oldest. Other than Riley, who was to my left. "Please follow me." He said blankly, like he had no emotions what so ever. He turned around on his heel and marched off towards a big building. Some type of court building, is what it looked like. He opened the big doors, that lead to a HUGE room. It was so beautiful, the ceiling was curved and had amazing designs all over it. There was big rows of red, theater seats.

And up front where the judge would sit, in another area next to there,  there was work going on. Some men worked in that area, clearing out seats and making room. The leader lead us all down a hall. Like the building, the hall looked so neat and elegant. Cream colored walls, red carpet. Old paintings hung on the wall one after another.

We stopped in front of a door, the commander pulled out a thing of keys, sorting through them until he picked the one he wanted to unlock a door.  It opened with a creek, he went on down without a problem. However, we just kinda stared at him. Not wishing to go down stairs that seems to be leading to darkness.

The guards behind us gave us a shove to motivate us to move forward.
Another little boy known as Elijah, grabbed my other hand. He looked like he was about to cry.
"What's happening?" He whimpered.

"I don't know." I told him. Tears escaped his eyes, I took my hand away from Maddie to wipe his eyes.
"But we are going to be okay." I assured him, to help keep him calm. Maddie grabbed my arm while I had it away from her. I brought my hand back down, her little hands traveled back down to my fingers to intertwine mine with hers. The new hall we entered was dark, and cold. Wasn't a beautiful design like the building anymore.

The walls were made of stone, the whole area was grey and depressing.
Now I could see cells lining the walls, one after another. Are they really going to lock us up?
The commander stopped, turning back to us and opening the cell all the way at the end.
"In you all go." He motioned for us all to enter.

"Are you really going to lock up kids into a cell?" Riley asked in disbelief, and possibly a little anger.

"It's just temporarily, a place to keep up with all of you."

"Will we be able to see Dash and Kent?" Hazel poked her head out from behind Riley. The little girl was very petite with red hair and brown eyes, freckles covered her pale face.

"Maybe in a little while, it depends when my men will arrive here with them." Commander reached out and grabbed my arm since I was the closest and he pulled me into the cell. Some kids listened and just walked in, others, he grabbed and threw in. He shut the door, locking it with the key and hanging it onto his side.
"Since this will be only temporarily and I'm sure the judge won't let any of you stay with those monsters, I'm sure you will all fit in just nicely at the orphanage." He walked away.

I'm gonna get sent back there? It's been a while but it wasn't any more fun there.
I backed up, taking a seat onto a bed that sat in the corner of the room. A few other beds sat around the room as well. I laid back against the wall, kicking my feet up onto the bed. Riley took a seat as well, having to lay his legs across from mine.

Maddie sniffled, climbing up as well. She laid now next to me, laying her head onto my stomach.
I started to pet her head, to help her relax. I can't believe what just happened. How did they know? I don't think the army just so happened to be right there and neither Dash or Kent spotted them. They have been sneaking into the human town for how long?

It must have been planned, they must have been waiting for them. But how did they know? No one should know about them and lived in the village and it couldn't be because of Travis.
I don't understand.
But now it just orphaned these children who looked up to Dash almost like a Father figure and possibly even costed the both of them, Dash and Kent their life.