Chapter Three

I was taken inside, my head was spinning from the contact I made with the wood. I was held still in a gentle fist. I slouched a little, resting my elbow on his hand and placing my head in my hand. I rubbed the side of my head, my fingers wondered to the center of my forehead. The feeling I got, made me jerk my hand back.

Red liquid, on the tips of my fingers. Sheesh, I must have jacked my forehead up.
"Don't do that." Dash calmly told me, opening a door. But before he entered, he looked back to his brother.  "Go check the kids for me, I'll take care of her."

Kent nodded his head, turned on his heel, and left. Dash went into the room, closing the door behind him. The room was dark, I could barely see a thing.
And kids? What kids? Oh my gosh, they better not be giants too. Ugh! I am going to lose my mind if they don't kill me! But I saw worry in Dash's eyes when I got hit, he cared enough to help with my injury. And I'm sure if he really wanted to kill me, he would have done it back at the woods. What if he....... ugh, never mind. Maybe he actually does care but I'm just stuck with him for the rest of my life.

Lights filled my vision, making me clamp them shut and barely hold a hand up to block the light. I slowly lowered my hand, trying to make my eyes open. To my surprise, his grip became very loose on me to the point of letting go. I thought he was just dropping me for a second and I was caught off guard and half blinded that I stumbled a little and fell to my knees.
"Oh, I'm sorry." He apologized. I looked down beneath me, a table? A box was set next to me, I jumped in surprise, looking up at it. I was barely taller than the box itself.

Dash didn't pay me no mind at first, he took a seat at the table and began to open the box. Pulling out supplies he might need. Disinfectant, Q tips, pain medicine, etc.
when he got what he needed out, he pushed the box back and out the way. He grabbed the disinfectant, dipping the Q tip in it. He put that aside, looked back to me, then froze.

He pulled what he wanted out with confidence, like he knew what he was doing until he got to me, then just seemed unsure. Like he didn't know if I would let him or bite his hand off trying.

"C-can I..-" He hesitated to bring his hands closer. I sent him a glare, scooting a bit back. He stopped,  then retracted his hands.

"Okay, why do you not like me? What made you dislike me from the very beginning?" Dash asked, wanting me to answer.

"Oh, I don't know." I put my finger to my chin, like I was thinking about it. "How about you scared me when I was little, made me lose my chances of getting a family, making me live on the streets at such a young age and stealing to survive, haunted me, and finally the icing on the cake! You kidnapped me!"

He seemed to have flinched back at the volume of my voice, like he was scared of me. He remained calm, then responded with.
"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I had no intentions of that. I'm sorry to have ruined your chances. But I came to the village for good intentions."

I crossed my arms. "And that is?"

He paused. "To help the other children."

I looked at him, wanting him to explain himself.

"Have you heard of the increasing population of homeless children on the streets?" He tugged a little at his jacket.

"Of course."

"Them, I was trying to help them. That tree you were on earlier, I put that there."