Chapter Fifty

I pondered an answer to Riley's question, what are we gonna do?
This would probably be the most dangerous place to be for now, it would be easier to be in a place... where everything was not bigger than us...
The light pole! We need to go back to the human realm! At least see if we can find Dash and Kent, or wait for them in an area we know they would find us in.
It would be much safer to be there than here as of this time.

"The light pole, we need to get out of here." I told Riley.

"But what about Dash and Kent-"

"They'll find us. We'll hide out in the human realm for now, they should be there. So either we'll find them there or they'll come look for us. We need to get everybody there. But wait... how are we gonna get out..?" I looked down, finding a road block in my plans.

"I may have an idea." Riley suddenly said.
"You wanna know how the cannibals got in here? They broke the glass on one of the glass doors. We can get out through there. But if we're going we need to go now before they find us." Riley grabbed my wrist and opened the door.
"Come on, guys. Stay close, we need to get out of here." He called back to the others hiding under the huge bed. With these words, they all came out of hiding and followed us out the door. But before Riley could pull me out, I looked at Dash's tall dresser. Seeing underneath it, the little remote he uses to call into the HQ to help him with the cannibals. Why is that here? Doesn't he need it when he goes out on the missions?
He may have forgot it.

Riley yanked me out the door, everyone else following. Staying close together, we all made our way to the front door. Riley and I stayed in front to be sure the way was clear before the younger kids came through.
Kaitlin kept up with the kids in the back, and of course making sure none of the cannibals would sneak up on us from behind.

Right as we were about to go around a corner, Riley suddenly stopped, me bumping into him.
"Hold." He whispered, holding his hand out to indicate to stop.

"Cannibal?" Kaitlin questioned, keeping her voice low.

Riley nodded without looking at her, he just kept his eyes glued to the cannibal that was around the corner.
"He's hanging out right in front of our only exit."

"Great.." I rolled my eyes.

"What are we gonna do if he doesn't move?" Carter asked.

"He will, he can't just stand there the whole night unless he's expecting us or something. We just have to wait for him to move." Riley answered, still not looking at any of us. He watched his every move.

"Could he have heard our plan?" Dylan fearfully asked.

"No, he shouldn't." Riley shook his head.
"Cannibals aren't complicated like that. They go the easiest route. So if he heard us and knew we were there, he would have killed us right then and there. He wouldn't run all the way down here just to wait for us, even though we could go a different route instead of the one he heard."

"We could go a different route?" Hazel's quiet voice spoke out.

"No, but he doesn't know that." Riley held his right hand on the wall, waiting patiently.

I had started thinking, what do we do if we get discovered by the cannibals, where else could we turn? If we get spotted at least once, we are dead. But if we do even make it out there to the light pole, how am I suppose to get through? What if I get launched out the other end? I could practically break my neck like that. I don't have Dash or Kent to help. What am I suppose to do?