Chapter Forty-Three

"What are we doing here?" I mumbled, looking up to the building in front of me.

"Kaitlin, do you still have the digits for my credit card?" Dash pointed to her.

"Yeah," she started to dig through her pockets until she pulled out a crumbled piece of paper and held it up. "Here it is." She unfolded it to look over it, being sure it was what she was after.

"Good, I wish I could have done this sooner but I wasn't so sure how until the other day." He got down. "You know your limit, because I have to do the same for everyone else." He chuckled.
"Mostly Mavis, go pick out new clothes. I would assume you wouldn't like wearing that everyday." His attention was brought down to mostly me instead of the others.

"Wait, really?" I asked almost like I was unsure, when I was actually mostly surprised that I am able to get new clothes.

"Yes, I'm not going to get everyone else something new and leave you without anything." Then his eyes moved to the rest of us. "If any of you want anything, you may get it. Please don't run me broke." He laughed.
"I'll be waiting at home, when you are ready. Come and get me. I'll help Mavis if needed." He held a hand out.
"I'll take your bags."

After we all gave him our school bags, he stood back up. "Alright, be careful you three." He told us just as he leaves.

"Well, lets go." Riley motioned for us to follow him into the mall. Upon walking in, the whole place was so open. The ceiling was glass, allowing more sunlight to shine through.
People and children went back and forth to each shop, carrying a bunch of bags with them.

"Where to first?" Kaitlin looked around, scanning over everything around her.

Riley smiled when his eyes landed on one specific store. Mostly darker clothing and looked a little emo. He made eye contact with Kaitlin who knew what he was thinking.

"Let's do it." She agreed with his silent suggestion, leading the way ahead of us. Riley followed her while I stood there a little dumb founded.
I brought my attention back to them and trailed right behind them. Entering the store, the music.. was weird.. But the things they had seemed interesting.

I looked over everything, looking over the shelves and all of the clothes that hung up high on the walls. It felt weird not trying to find a hiding spot and then being thrown out the next second. It would be nice to actually get something without gilt.

"So Mavis! What do you think of this?" Kaitlin held up a Harry Potter variety jacket in front of her.
"Think I should get it?" She looked at the price.

"It's cool," I looked over it. Then finding strange words I haven't learned on the back of it. "What does it say on the back?"

"Hufflepuff." She flipped it over so I could see the back more properly.

"So I take it that you're a Harry Potter fan?"
I grabbed the sleeve of the jacket, feeling the fabric of it.

"Yes! That's my fandom!" She jumped excitingly.

I turned away when she started rummaging through the Harry Potter section, turning to bump into Riley.

"Sorry." He mumbled, walking by. He examined a plaid styled jacket.
I continued my path, checking out all of the clothing that was on display.
I got to the jeans section, picking up dark, shredded jeans.