Chapter Twenty-Three

Dinner was kinda poorly made tonight, since Dash still has not gotten back and Kent had to cover for him. A little unportioned, but... I guess alright. I was curious how long Dash was going to be gone for and how does he deal with the cannibals? Is he like a cannibal hunter and kills them? Does he help catch them to throw them into jail? I found myself becoming even more curious over it all. I wanted to learn more.

I sat in the middle of the huge room that is.. mine.. -sigh- It was weird to say that, say that I have my own bedroom, I have my own.. "home." This place may be where I am stuck at for now, but my true home would always be in the human world. At this point, I don't know what to do. It's not like I can just go back. Can I? No! I can't, there's no where else for me. I can't go anywhere else. What would I be going back to? Starvation, a pile of stone and rubble, more pain caused by those stupid boys? Plus, since I already figured out that there are actually creatures living in that world as well, feasting on human flesh. There's also that chance of being killed. There's so many negative outcomes.

Here?... I-... I know. For myself, I'm better off here. I need to calm down and get over it. It's just, what world am I living in?! I don't mean the giant world or human world, I mean the world in general, ALL of it. What type of world is this? Nothing is safe. What if that percentage of cannibals increases? What if they start to take over the human realm, starting an apocalypse! It kind of made me worry, but I trust that Dash has it all under control. He has probably been doing this for God knows how long.

I heard the front door open, then Kent's voice.
"Whoa, you okay?"

I got up from sitting Indian style on the floor, making my way over to the door of my bedroom. I pushed it slightly open, very quietly. I poked my head out through the opening of the door, looking down the end of the hall to the front door. Dash is back. Kent stood in front of him.

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine. They just got me good." Dash put his right hand up to the side of his face that I could not see from this angle.

"How'd today go with the kids?"

Kent shrugged. "It went fine, they already ate and should be all in bed."

"Thank you." Dash thanked.

"No problem. So, how'd it all go other than that?" Kent turned his back and started walking the way he came with Dash beginning to follow.

Apparently, Dash felt I was watching. Since his eyes went straight to me. I felt my eyes twitched wide for a second, seeing a cut right beneath his right eye. Not wasting another second, I pulled my head back into my room, shutting the door.
I put my back to the door for a moment. Those things did that to him? I want to learn more about them. I want to see what Dash does every time he goes, what he does, how he handles the situation, I want to see and understand everything. Because apparently there's more to this world than I thought.

I started to head up to my nightstand so I could get in bed. I wanted to see what happened to the people that could have survived. Does Dash just leave them? Where do they go? What do they do? Because they can't go back themselves unless they know what they are doing and before hand, before everyone found out about them, what do they do? I wouldn't imagine Dash just bringing them back to the human world and parting ways like nothing happened.

I kicked off my green converse and walked across the plush surface of the bed. Feeling the cool fabric, I laid down. Taking off my black hat and tossing it to the side. Grabbing the blankets, I pulled them up over me. I wanted to learn more. I wonder how long it would be until he would go out onto another mission, or could I just ask Dash what happens? He has probably seen some horrible things from doing that job, he probably have seen countless people die. gory scenes.. I shook my head to get the image out of my mind.

I still couldn't believe giants were doing those types of horrid things. Isn't it pretty similar to eating your own kind? Like, we are basically the same, all except the size difference. Are these just people that have lost their minds? I have only seen so much of this world, I wanted to see more.