Chapter 32

Hopefully she'll say yes tomorrow.

A/N that shower didn't work I'm going to hell. My dad even confirmed it.
-------------------------------------------------------

John's POV

     December 25th. Christmas morning. The day I'm going to propose to (Y/N). The most nerve racking day of my entire life. I'm awake before (Y/N) and I realize it's because it's 5:00 in the morning. I pull the stuff out from under the bed, pocket the ring, and wrap everything. Everyone else wrapped their things last night. I look in the closet and see that (Y/N)'s presents are wrapped. She must've gotten up before me then gone back to sleep.

     I wrap the presents, put them under the tree, and look at the time. 7:00. I'm gonna wake people up now. I walk into Alex and Eliza's room first to find them naked. Even more fun. "WAKE UP YOU TO ITS MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTMAS" I tell like a child. They sit up and blush immediately while I skip out of the room. I walk into Herc and Peggy's room. "If you didn't hear me before it's Christmas bitches" I say quieter than before. They sit up and I walk out into (Y/N) and my room. "Hey baby wake up" I hum in her ear. "Whyyyy" she groans. "Because it's the most wonderful time of the year" I say smiling. She sits up and jumps out of bed running into the living room. "CHRISTMAS!!!" I hear her yell from down the hall. I chuckle and walk into the room. We really are a bunch of children.

     I look at everyone and they all wink at me, silently wishing me luck. I know I'm really going to need it. Everyone except for me opens their presents. Eliza got shoes, makeup and a few dresses because that's what she asked for. Herc got a sewing machine, fabric, and a speaker. It doesn't sound like a lot but they were ecstatic. Peggy got a video camera and a computer for video making. Alex got stationary and a laptop. (Y/N) got a bunch of drawing stuff, plus my gift for later. I start opening my gifts. As of now I have a sketchbook and a bunch of colors. I look at the last box. It's for me from (Y/N). There's holes in the top of it though.

     I open the box to reveal a tank and a turtle. "(Y/N) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU!!" I practically scream. She giggles and kisses me. Now it's my turn to pay her back. I look at Peggy and she nods. "Hey (Y/N) I think you have one more present" she says. "Yeah I'll go get it for you" I say and walk out of the room while Herc connects his phone to the speaker. Alex sits on the side of the room preparing for his parts.

     Herc starts playing the music and Alex starts talking. "The plan was called operation D-minus and one of the schools included in the plan was the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where a kid named John Laurens-" "That's me" I say walking into the room. "-an 18 year old honor roll student-" "I get straight A's man!" (Y/N) chuckles at this. "-was in the 2nd semester for his first year. John could hardly believe his luck when a very pretty girl showed up." He looks at me. "(Y/NNNN)." "In not one, but all of his classes." "(Y/NNNN)" I say with Eliza and Peggy joining in this time. "She sat in front of him, he switched seats." "(Y/NNNN)" Eliza, Peggy, Herc and I all sing. "The last name she used was" "(L/NNNN)" we all sing again. (Please just go with it)

      "John what drew you to (Y/N) initially?" Alex asks. "Man she used to fall asleep in class! She was a- (shade) skinneded, (nationality), (H/L) mature in the body like- woah" I say. "Like woah" my friends repeat. "That's not the only reason I liked her though! She said she moved without her mother to here from New York-" "where dreams are made" the chorus behind me sings. "Well so did I, so I said hi. She seemed mature and I talked more" I say with everyone else repeating after me. "And I was like, what the heck I gotta do, to be with you-" "what the heck I gotta do?" "What the heck I gotta do, to be with you-" "what the heck I gotta do?" "Tell me who I gotta be, for you to be with me" I sing.

      "You told her all of this in class?" Alex continues. "Yeah, well I texted her y'know I was like, what the heck I gotta do to be with you" I say doing the choreography from the musical. "L-O-L-O-L-O-L." "What the heck I gotta do to be with you" "R-O-F-L-O-L." "Tell me who I gotta be, for you to be with me" I say pointing at (Y/N) for her to finish. "Smiley face" she says. "YES! Next thing you know we're texting day and night I trust her right away." "Like, woah." "Hey yo I never met anyone like her bro. She listens to all my problems, I let her copy all my homework, and then I lay it all on the line, and she was like" I say waiting for the three people to sing.

     "No, no-" "No! She didn't say no exactly I don't know" "know, know, know, know." "Yeah I was surprised I'm a pretty great guy." "So, so-" "So! I decided I needed to step my game up." "Oh, oh, oh, oh." "It's to late to be shy." I say. Oh god I'm so nervous. "And so I got in front of the whole room today and serenaded her, I was like, what the heck I gotta do, to be with you" "she's already with you" the chorus sings changing the lyrics to fit the situation. "What the heck I gotta do, to be with you" "we already told you" they say pretending to be confused. "Tell me who I gotta be, for you to marry me" I say kneeling down and taking the ring out. Her eyes widen and she covers her mouth but I continue. "You asked her to marry you?" Alex asks. "Yeah, I danced and everything!" "(Y/N)...." "(Y/N) I know there's a reason you are here with me" I sing. "(Y/N)....." "(Y/N) I know there's a reason this isn't luck it's destiny." "(Y/N)....." "(Y/N), you know me! Will you marry me?" I ask one last time. "I'll think about it" she says with a smirk, letting me know she's playing along.

     "She'll think about it. She'll think about it. She'll think about it. She'll think about. She said she'd think about it. She'll think about it. She'll think about it. Think about it. She'll think about it. She'll think about it. She'll think about it" I sing with my friends, alternating lines. "Yes!" (Y/N) shouts. I slip the ring onto her finger and kiss her. Everyone starts clapping. "That was the best proposal ever" she says after she pulls away. "Only the best for my fiancé."