Chapter Twenty-Seven

Rob took his seat next to Becky in Maths B. Trin was right on one score. They had to stop talking shit to each other. She didn't look up at him. What was new? Rob sighed, put his books on the desk, and leaned back in his chair while he waited for Mr. Campbell to start the lesson.

His leg dropped sideways and brushed against Becky's. Rob almost jerked it away but caught himself. Let's see what happens. Nothing. She didn't scowl at him. She didn't move her leg or her chair.

Rob tapped his pen on the desk. Nothing. No sidelong look of contempt. Okay. This was good. He let the full weight of his leg lean on hers. Nothing. Rob smiled. This was really good.

"What's your problem, Mr. Jarvis?" Steve Campbell smirked. "Did you and Becky make up?"

"No, Sir." Rob beamed. Should he? Yeah... why not? "We're still having that lovers tiff, sir."

The class chuckled. Becky jerked her leg away from his. Shit. He was a dickhead. Rob watched the teacher laugh. At least everyone else thought what he'd said was funny.

Becky sensed he was at the desk before he sat down. She had thought about this lesson last night, when she lay in her bed, and had made the decision not to move away from him. Now to see what would happen. Yep. Straight down with no hesitation. Why did boys never seem nervous over the small stuff? He probably wasn't even thinking about how sitting next to him affected her.

She sighed. A week ago, he was putting up a stink and now it was as if it had never happened. His leg rubbed against hers. Becky bit the inside of her lip and didn't move. Did he even notice? Hang on. He was leaning the weight of his whole leg on hers. Becky smiled at the desk.

"What's your problem, Mr. Jarvis?"

Becky glanced at Rob. He was smiling. Was it because she hadn't moved her leg?

"Did you and Becky make up?"

"No, sir. We're still having that lovers tiff, sir."

The class laughed. The bastard thought it was a joke. Becky jerked her leg away. How could she have even thought of being nice? Anxiety flourished in her chest. She gripped her pen, stared at her textbook and breathed slowly in and out to control the urge to either cry or punch him.

Rob watched Becky hunch over her book. How could she not think that was funny? He wanted to grab her chair and pull her closer. What to do to fix this? Trin was right. He needed to stop talking with his mouth because he kept fucking up.

He blew out a breath. Becky looked up at him. Shit. Was she crying? No. But she looked close to it. Rob cocked his head and smiled at her. What else could he do? He inhaled a deep breath of air. His father was spot on. The pretty ones always got you into trouble. She looked back at her book. He could touch her arm. Rob put his forearms on the desk and brushed his against hers. She looked at it but didn't move. Good. This was good. Maybe he hadn't lost any ground.

What was he doing now? She shouldn't have looked at him. Man she could gouge that smile right off his face. She wasn't going to be able to write with his arm pressed up hard against hers like that. It was all right for him because it wasn't his writing hand. Becky didn't want to speak to him yet. Not after that joke he just pulled. Maybe if she moved her leg back he'd move his arm away. Okay. A light brush against his to start with so he'd know it was there, and then let him do the rest. Yep. There it was. Becky reached into her bag to grab her whiteout. Not that she needed to use it but she had to do something to stop from smiling. She sat back up. His arm was gone and the full weight of his leg was back. Anymore smart comments and she was going to stomp on his foot.

Okay, Rob. Back to square one. Now keep your mouth shut. He couldn't concentrate on the lesson. He hoped Mr. Campbell wasn't going to ask him any questions. Becky's leg against his was a distraction. Shit. No way. He had a fucking erection. Really? Really, Rob? He hung his head and sucked in a big breath of air. Should he move his leg away? Yep. He was going to have to or he'd never get through the lesson. Nah. Not yet. It felt good. Rob smiled and moved his leg slowly up and down.

What the hell was he doing? Did he need to go to the toilet? How could she tell him to stop without speaking to him? She could push down on his thigh. That meant touching him. Nope. Not a good idea. Becky pulled out a piece of paper. You need to stop. She pushed it toward him.

Rob looked at the note, and then up at the teacher. He didn't need another detention. His parents would have a fit. Pretend you're doing maths, idiot. He wrote. Stop what?

Now he was just playing dumb. Shaking your leg. If you need the toilet. Go.

I don't need the toilet. Rob smiled as he pushed the note back towards her.

Just stop. You are so irritating.

Rob read the note and pouted.

Becky cocked her head and studied his eyes. Bastard. His mouth might have been pouting but his eyes weren't. He was sending her a challenge. She moved her foot, put her heel on the front of his shoe, and crunched down.

Rob jerked his leg away and hit the underneath of the desk with his knee. His pen rolled onto the floor.

"Jarvis! Have you got worms?"

"Sorry, sir." Rob bent down, picked up his pen, and then looked back at Becky. She was beaming at her textbook. He smirked. Bitch.

This has got to be my favourite chapter. I hope you all love it as much as I do. It makes me smile every time I read it. XOXOXO

Thanks so much for reading Black Cat ☺

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Thank you all. Please remember to vote, comment and follow.