Chapter Seventy-Two

Becky lay in his arms. She couldn't believe how good it was. He was gentle and sweet, and now brushing her hair behind her ear as she listened to his heart beat. A tear trickled from her eye and ran down her face. Rob Jarvis was the one. Becky knew there would be no other boy for her and he deserved to know all there was about her. She lifted her head. "Rob."

"Yeah, baby." He smiled at her. "Are you okay?"

There he was again. Looking out for her. "Yes. I'm very okay." Becky put her palm on the side of his face. "I love you, Rob. I love you so much that it hurts." Another tear trickled down her face.

Rob caught it with his finger and slid down in the bed so they were face to face. "Becky. I've loved you since the first day I saw you."

"Really." She grinned. "I was such a bitch."

"Yeah." Rob smirked and put his lips on hers. "A beautiful bitch."

He was a wonderful kisser. Becky let herself be drawn into that moment, and then slowly pulled away. "I want to tell you, Rob." She put her finger on his mouth. "I want to tell you the truth of my life. My mother. The accident."

"Are you sure?" Rob cupped her face. "You don't have to, Becky."

"I want to. I want you to know everything there is to know about me." She kissed him lightly, sucked in a breath, and then started to talk. "I was eleven, nearly twelve, the same age as Linc the first time we were taken into care. He was six almost seven." Becky swallowed and focused on Rob's eyes. "My mother had sold my virginity to get money for drugs."

Rob's mouth dropped open but Becky put her hand on his lips so he couldn't speak. She smiled forlornly and continued. "She undressed me and had me pinned on the bed when a man I didn't know came into the room. I was so scared." Becky dragged in another gulp of air. "The man had stripped off by the time my father came in. When he saw what was about to happen he went crazy. He hit my mother."

Becky's eyes focused on the wall, and then came back to Rob's. "I don't remember a lot, just heaps of screaming and yelling. Dad hitting the man and my mother, over and over. There was blood everywhere by the time he was finished. I remember hearing Linc cry from another room. I was frightened he was being hurt by a stranger." Becky ran her fingers behind Rob's ear. She couldn't stand seeing the pain in his eyes so she focused on his throat.

"Dad rang the police. My parents went to gaol. Dad, for hurting the man. He nearly killed him. I had to testify against my mother and the man. His name was Stanley Waters. Dad got a light sentence because he was defending me. I think it was three months or something like that. He had a pipe and marijuana too, so was done for drug possession."

Becky looked back up into Rob's eyes. "Mum got three years for child sex charges but was out on good behaviour in less than two. She wasn't supposed to live with us or be anywhere near us but she could wrap Dad around her little finger. He forgave her because it was the drugs that made her do it, or so she said." Becky took a breath and swept her hand over Rob's hair.

"It happened again. With Linc. She was off her face. She had Linc in the car. Dad was trying to get him out. I was there too. Mum was yelling that she was doing it for him, Dad. That a man wanted to use Linc to make a movie and she'd get a lot of money. Linc thought, still thinks he was going to be in a proper movie." Tears filled Becky's eyes and streamed down her face.

Rob lay as still as he could. He knew she needed to do this on her own so he waited for her to continue.

"He thought he was going to be famous." Becky wiped her face and gulped back air. "We couldn't get the doors unlocked. Dad smashed the passenger side window. Linc was in the back. Mum took off. We couldn't stop her. She got out of town but was going too fast on the round-about and lost control."

Becky looked at Rob again. He was so still, staring at her. Maybe he thought she was crying over her mother's death but she would never cry for the woman who gave birth to her. She was glad it happened. The only sorrow she felt was for Linc. For all the pain he had gone through. The deceit and lies told to him by their mother. Becky had never told him the truth. She let him believe their mother was a good person though at times she suspected he knew the real story.

"Dad is the good parent, Rob. That's why I have to give him a chance. He wasn't so bad before Mum did what she did. I think after what happened, he couldn't live with it. I think drugs are his way of escaping what mum did to us all." Becky waited for Rob to speak but he just lay there looking into her soul with his meaningful eyes. She tried to understand what they were saying but they were so silent. "Now you know all of it." She sighed. "I don't know what else to say."

"Nothing, Becky." Rob drew her as close as he could. "You don't have to say anything else." He covered her face with gentle kisses taking her tears into his mouth, drawing the sadness and grief she had been carrying, up and away into his own being.

"Oh... Rob..." Becky felt so much better for telling him everything. She wrapped her body up with his. When she felt him ease inside of her, it was as if he replaced her crestfallen core with love and serenity. Becky gasped and clung to him as she moved her body slowly in time with his.

She felt him tense and gripped him tighter as her own body responded. "Rob..." His name passed through her lips as she felt him give his whole self to her. "I love you so much."

He couldn't speak. Rob dragged in air as he released. This girl had his heart and his soul. He would never leave her. "Becky..." Rob took in another breath. "You are everything to me." He lifted her face and touched her gently. "We're going to get through all of this. I'm with you all the way." Rob cocked his head and smiled. "One day at a time."

"Yes." Becky brushed her palm over his cheek. "One day at a time." 

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Thank you all. Please remember to vote, comment and follow.

I really appreciate it  ♥♥♥