Chapter Forty-Eight

Linc and Rob had been in the pool for fifteen minutes before Becky turned up.

"Where have you been?" Linc dived for the ball, missed, and came up out of the water as she put her bag down and sat to take off her shoes. He wiped water from his face. "So... where have you been cause we want to play that other game with three people."

"I was in the library." Becky screwed up her nose and poked her tongue at Linc. "Needed to finish part of my research for an assignment if you must know."

"Rob... she's being mean."

"Not my business." Rob smirked and watched Becky stand and unzip her school skirt. What was she doing? Obviously, bikini bottoms today but she hadn't changed into her sun shirt. He grinned wondering if she was going to do it there.

"It is. She's your girlfriend so when she's mean to me you have to tell her to cut it out."

Rob turned to look at Linc. "I'm sure she's been mean to you before I was around. You handled it by yourself then, so no deal, bud." He laughed and turned back to face Becky. What the? She was climbing down the ladder in bikinis. No sun shirt. Man. Oh. Man. Rob ran his hand down his face to hide his grin but it sprang back as Becky sank into the water and faced him.

"What are you grinning at?" she asked coyly as she breast stroked towards him.

"Ah... nothing. Just glad to see you."

"Good. So, what game are we playing today?"

"Tag." Rob juggled the ball, made out he was going to try to hit her with it but redirected his aim and got Linc on the shoulder. "Linc's it."

"That's not fair. I wasn't ready."

"How old did you say you were?" Rob cocked his head. "Cause you're whining like a two year old."

"I'm not gonna play if you're going to be mean to me too."

"Okay. Great. I get to spend more time with your sister." Rob beamed, grabbed Becky by the wrist, and pulled her through the water towards him.

She laughed, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him.

"Really. That's what you're gonna do. Just kiss all the time. Having a girlfriend is boring."

Rob chuckled against Becky's lip. "I'll ask him in a couple of years and see if he thinks the same way then." He looked over at Linc. "Are you gonna stop whining and play? Or do I keep kissing Becky?"

Linc threw the ball and hit Becky in the back. He jerked his head and smirked. "I'm playing. Becky's it."

"You rat!" Becky pushed away from Rob and swam after the ball. She threw it at Rob but he ducked and dived away. When she got the ball again she went after Linc. "I am not going to be it for the whole game like last time."

"Well you better aim straight." Linc laughed and half ran, half swam away from her.

"There's nothing wrong with my aim." She threw the ball but missed. "Damn it."

Becky got the ball and tried to hit Rob. Missed again.

He laughed, reached out, and grabbed the ball from where it floated near him. "You do have a shit aim." Rob threw the ball back at her and hit her in the head.

"Rob!"

"Come on, Linc. Swim. She's all fired up." The boys took off across the pool.