Chapter Forty-Seven

Rob waited in the car. He watched Becky and Linc walk across the park towards him.

She opened the passenger side door and looked in at him. "Rob. What are you doing? I thought you understood about not picking us up in the mornings."

"I do. But this morning is special so get in."

"Okay." Becky grinned at him. "Why is it special?"

Rob leaned over to kiss her as he said, "Hey, Linc." He gave Becky a light brush of his lips, and then looked over his shoulder as Linc climbed into the back seat. Looking back at Becky he beamed at her and announced, "Today we are officially boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Hey, Rob. This is cool you picking us up." Linc threw his bag on the seat beside him and did up his seat belt adding, "That means Rob gets to kiss you when he wants."

"Linc... Stay out of it." Becky eyed Rob and tweaked her brow. "Are we just?" She laughed as she said, "When did we... decide this?"

"Last night." He turned on the car.

"I thought we were just telling everyone we had a thing."

Rob turned the car around. "I've thought about it and we're going to do it together. Proper. We'll walk in holding hands then go from my group to yours and tell them the same thing, that way it's out and no turning back." He raised his eyebrows at her. "What do you think?  Because I'm sick of all the secrets."

"Okay." Becky nodded, reached over, and fiddled with his ear lobe. "I'm good with it. Will we still sit with our separate groups at lunch?" She grinned. "Maybe we could do it turnabout. One day with yours and one day with mine."

"What would be even better is to bring the two groups together." Rob put on his blinker, changed lanes, and then glanced at Becky. "All my mates play hockey and the girls are all involved in some way. A few of the guys in your group also play so it shouldn't be hard." He smirked. "Another plus is that Scott likes Trin so maybe it'd help bring them together."

Becky laughed. "So you're a match maker too."

"Yep. Even have a cupid's bow and arrow."

"I'll see you at the pool, Rob." Linc burst from the car as soon as they pulled up. He'd closed the door before anyone had a chance to answer.

Rob chuckled and watched him go. He looked at Becky and smiled. "You ready?"

"Not really. I'm a bit nervous to be honest."

"It'll be okay. The worst will come from Jones. I don't think anybody else will care." He gave her a quick kiss. "Come on. Let's do this."

He popped the boot and went around the back to grab his bag while Becky climbed slowly out of the car. As Rob closed the boot, Greg and Shauna pulled into the park beside them. Becky hung her head as she put her bag onto her back.

Greg grinned and eyed Rob when he opened his door. "What's going on here then? Giving the enemy a lift." He smirked and grabbed his backpack from the rear seat, and then grinned at Rob again.

"No longer enemies." Rob chortled and took Becky's hand. "In fact Becky and I are now officially dating and you two have the privilege of being the first to know."

Greg laughed and slapped Rob on the back as he put his arm around Shauna's shoulders. "So you grew some balls. Shauna's been on about it for the last couple of weeks. She reckoned you had the hots for Becky well before Scott's party. Now I owe her dinner and a movie."