Chapter Forty-Six

This is a long chapter.  Sorry about that but it had to be.  I hope you love it

Rob slipped into the booth beside Trin. "How's it going?"

"Really good. How's it going with you?" Trin ran her hand up his arm and leaned in so she could whisper, "Hunter said you and he got into a fight over Becky."

"Nearly. The prick talks about her like she's a whore." Rob sighed. "I'll punch him next time." He studied Trin's face. "What the hell did she see in him? He's a cock."

"Not sure." Trin shrugged and snuggled closer. "He paid her some attention so she went with it. What about you? Have you told her how you feel?" Trin cocked her head and grinned. "I haven't said anything because it's not my place and I'm acting like I normally do with you to put people off so don't think I'm trying to hit you up for another, thing."

Rob laughed. He couldn't help but plant a smacking kiss on her lips. "You are such a cool chick."

"I know." She shoved him away. "And because I'm so cool you owe me a thick shake. Chocolate." She grinned. "I want it now."

"What's going on there?" Scott elbowed Rob as they stood at the counter. "Are you and Trin getting it on?"

"What..? No." Rob shook his head and reached for the straws. "Chocolate thick shake thanks, Bev," he said to the woman at the counter, and then looked back at Scott. "She's a really cool chick. You could do worse."

"I'd like to do her but, she probs wouldn't have a bar of me." Scott turned, leaned back on the counter and looked across at where Trin was now laughing at something Dorsey was saying to her. He said, "I've always thought she was hot."

"You know what?" Rob faced the same way. "She's also a really nice girl. If you're gonna go there you do it for the right reasons because no matter what everyone says about her, she's one of the coolest chicks I've ever met and I really think she'd like a proper boyfriend."

"So what's with kissing her if you're not hitting on her?"

"She's helping me out with a project I'm working on. I was thanking her." Something jabbed Rob in the back. He surged forward. "Woo..."

"Your thick shake." Bev jerked her head at him. "Sorry. Didn't mean to hurt you." She held out her hand. "Five-fifty."

"No worries. Next time use a hammer." Rob grinned and handed over six dollars. Bev slapped the change in his palm.

"Next time I will." She chuckled, and then nudged her head at Scott. "What do you want, Scottanator?"

"Same. Chocolate thick shake."

"You bloody kids." Bev shook her head in annoyance. "Why didn't you say while I was making his?" She moved to the fridge to get the milk.

"You love it, Bev." Scott laughed and grabbed Rob's arm before he could walk away. "So how should I go about it with Trin?"

"Talk to her, idiot." Rob laughed and headed back to the booth with Trin's thick shake. "Here. Don't say I never pay my debts."

"Thanks, Rob. I will continue to love you." Trin put the straw into her mouth and sucked. She smacked her lips together. "Mm... perfect."

"How about you shove over, Rob." Scott jerked his head. "Let a real man sit down."

"Where real man?" Rob laughed and looked from side to side. "Here." He gave Scott a push. "I gotta go anyway. Sit next to Trin." He winked at Scott as he stood up. "See you tomorrow."