Chapter Sixty-Seven

Sheila put a pile of plates on the kitchen table and grabbed a handful of cutlery in case someone wanted to use it. "Come on, Michael! KFC's up!"

He lifted his hand to indicate he had heard, and then pointed at the mobile phone held against his ear.

Michael was still dressed in his uniform so Becky thought he must have gotten home from work just before they had arrived. She pulled out a chair, sat next to Rob, and tipped some chips onto her plate. Becky grabbed a wing. "What time is your game tomorrow night?" She took a bite as she waited for Rob's answer.

"Nine. It's a late one." Rob served himself some coleslaw.

"Do you know who you're playing?"

"Yeah." He bit into his chicken leg, chewed and swallowed. "Gladstone. Apparently they drive up to play on the artificial turf."

"Wow. That's keen."

Rob nodded. "Drew says they don't have many teams down there so they all play in our comp." He took a mouthful of soft drink. "It's better for us. Makes a bigger competition. There's even a team that travels from Monto to compete. They come across on a bus every Friday."

"Wow... what about us?" Linc stuffed his mouth full of chips. "Moo are me saying."

"What...?" Rob laughed. "I didn't understand a word of that." He laughed some more and pointed a chip at Linc. "Mum. Tell him not to talk with his mouth full."

"Yeah I can." Linc grinned and stuffed more chips into his mouth. "Mee...eppy."

"You're gonna choke." Rob shook his head, and then peered at his mother. "Mum. Get into him. You used to give me a clip over the ear for doing that."

"Rob. You sound like you're whining." Sheila tittered, and then looked at Linc. "He's right though. You could choke."

"Give him a clip." Rob cocked his eyebrows. "Fair's, fair. I copped it so he's gotta too."

"What's going on?" Michael pulled out his chair at the end of the table and sat. He reached across, took some chicken and put it on his plate.

"These two are fighting." Becky grinned. "Linc keeps talking with his mouth full and Rob wants Sheila to give him a clip."

Michael smirked, reached out both hands, and caught Rob behind the ear with his left and Linc behind his ear with his right. "There. Settled. Eat and no talking with your mouth full."

Rob jerked his head back. "Becky. You're a dobber."

"Ow..." Linc rubbed his ear. "Yeah... Becky. You're a dobber."

"Am not."

"Are too." Linc poked his tongue out at her.

"Michael he just poked his tongue at me." As Becky spoke, both boys poked their tongues out.

"Michael. They're both doing it."

Michael grinned and scratched the back of his neck. He looked across at Sheila. "Who thought having more than one child was a great idea?"

Sheila burst into laughter. "I did. And I love it."

As Rob and Becky washed the dishes, Michael came into the kitchen. "Becky." He had wanted to wait until Linc had gone for a shower before speaking to her.

"Yes." She looked up at him as she dried a plate.

"I got a phone call earlier." He paused. "Your father would like to see you tomorrow."

"Oh." Becky stopped moving her hands and peered at him.

"He's going to be released. We don't have anything to hold him. Just a small possession charge. He has a court hearing on Monday. The doctor says he wants to keep him in hospital until then." Michael sighed. "They said he has asked to see you before they let him go. How do you feel about that?"

"I guess." Becky shrugged. "I better see him I suppose. Will he have rehab or something? Like can a judge make him go to meetings for drug addicts or anything like that?"

"Mmm... not at this stage. If it was his first offence he'd be offered drug diversion but... it's not." Michael jolted his head and shrugged. "It's up to him to find help, Becky. He won't get better if he doesn't make the effort."

Becky stared down at the plate in her hands and nodded. There wasn't anything she could do to make her father get the help he needed. She put the dish on the table and looked back at Michael. "What time will I go?"

"Ten. I'll take you if you like. Wait for you."

"Okay." Becky smiled and nodded. "Thanks, Michael. That'd be good."

Rob watched his father leave the room, and then took the tea towel from Becky's hands. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay." She gave him a smile to let him know she was good with it.

Rob leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. "You'd tell me if you weren't, right?"

Becky stepped closer and slipped her hands up under his shirt. "Yes. I'd tell you." She grinned. "One day at a time, Rob." Becky let her fingers trail around his waist and pushed them under the elastic of his shorts and in under his jocks. She gripped his butt cheeks and pulled him towards her. "How's your practice going?"

"Becky!" Rob laughed and beamed down at her. "My mother might walk in."

"She won't. You told me she always knocks."

Rob chuckled against her lips. "In case you haven't noticed there is no door." He grabbed her bottom with his hands and murmured. "Leave your door unlocked. Then I can show you how much I've practiced."

Thanks so much for reading and voting on Black Cat xoxox

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.  This book is a work of fiction. Some places are real.All characters and incidents are products of the author's imagination. Any resemblances to actual events or persons, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Please don't copy my work. I have put in a lot of hours for you to enjoy this book for FREE so don't steal it.  It's not yours to take and if you do the CURSE I've put on it will ruin your life FOREVER. 

REMEMBER you have been WARNED!!