Chapter Fifty-Seven

Becky didn't sleep much. She kept thinking about Rob and Trin. In the end, her imagination had them meeting up while she was at the movies last night, to have sex. She had needed to throw up in the toilet because of that thought. Becky rubbed her eyes with the balls of her hands, climbed out of bed and went for a shower.

She wrote Linc a note and headed off to work early so she could avoid Rob if he decided to pick her up at the park. Becky didn't know how to handle what Lizzy had told her the night before. Should she question Rob or Trin, and if she did, which person should she ask first?

As she got on the bus, the phone beeped. Rob was the only person with this number so she knew it had to be him. Becky dug in the bag and looked at the screen.

'Hey beautiful. How was the movie? I'll come get you. Meet me at the park at nine. We could have coffee before work.' ♥♥♥

How to answer? More like, how to deal with the whole situation? Becky bit on her lip. 'Movie was great. Don't come. Meet me... Mmm... Becky screwed up her mouth and looked out of the window. If she saw him before work started she'd most probably ask him for the truth and if they broke up, work would be awkward. Best to leave it for after work.

She deleted the message and started again. 'Movie was great. I'm on the bus. Had things to do before work. See you there.' Becky's finger hovered over the love heart. No. Smiley face. No. She hit send. Let's see if he notices no emoji's.

'Oh. Ok. See you there.♥♥♥'

Becky smiled and tapped the phone against her palm. Maybe Lizzy was lying.

*****

Rob couldn't wait to see Becky. He had a picnic of junk food organised with blanket and towels. He sent another text. 'Did you pack togs. I want to find that swimming hole'☺ He waited. No reply. Rob looked at the clock. He needed to leave so grabbed an extra t-shirt and shoved it in his bag. Becky could wear that if she forgot her swimmers.

She was already on the check-out when he walked into the warehouse. Rob gave her a wave. She smiled but didn't wave because she was in the middle of serving someone.

"Are you and Rob friends now?" Jan leaned on the counter to wait for her next customer.

Becky put her foot in the bin they shared to squash down the paper. "Yeah." She bent down and picked up the few old dockets that had spilled onto the floor.

"You know he has a girlfriend, don't you?"

Becky looked up and smiled. She nodded. "I know he has a girlfriend." She stood up and wiped her hands down her shorts. "How do you know he has a girlfriend?"

"I asked him."

"What?" Becky tittered. "You came straight out and asked him if he had a girlfriend. What did he say?"

"I asked him to go to the movies with me the other week. The day you were sick. He said he couldn't because his girlfriend wouldn't like it." Jan shrugged. "I should have known. Guys like him always have girlfriends." Jan served another customer, and then turned back to Becky. "How did you become friends? You hated him so much."

"School stuff. He's not so bad. We're working on a project together." Becky lifted her shoulders and grinned as she served her next customer. She thought about that day she hadn't been at work. It was a few days before he'd properly asked her to be his girlfriend. Becky couldn't help but smile. It was true, he'd had a crush on her.

Rob waited in the car. He hadn't managed to see Becky all day. Their breaks hadn't coincided and she was in the middle of serving someone as he left. She came out just after two-thirty.

"Sorry." Becky closed the door. "When I got there early they asked me to start straight away and needed me for the extra half hour."

"All good." Rob leaned over and kissed her. "So are we still going to Ridgelands Road?" He cocked his head in question.

"Yeah. But can we be back by four? I don't want to leave Linc alone for too long."

Rob nodded. An hour and a half didn't seem long enough but it was better than nothing. "When we get out that way I'll let you have a drive if you like."

"I can't drive a manual." Becky grinned. "Might be safer if you drive." She looked out at the passing scenery trying to decide if she should forget about what Lizzy had told her. If Lizzy was jealous or pissed off because Rob stopped paying her attention then she could have lied to cause trouble. If it was the truth there wasn't anything Becky could do about it unless Rob and Trin were still sneaking around.

Becky looked back at Rob and studied him. She couldn't believe he would go behind her back to have sex with Trin. He hadn't tried anything heavy yet, like she thought he would have. He had promised to be patient. Maybe he was fooling with Trin? If he was then he wouldn't need to try it on with her. Becky sighed and looked out of the window again. It was so confusing.

"What's up?"

His voice startled her. "What. Why?"

"You're extra quiet. Are you still upset over yesterday?"

"Ah...no." Becky smiled and looked down at her hands. She didn't want to fight with him but what Lizzy had told her was really bothering her.

"So what's up?" Rob turned into Ridgelands Road.

"I have a question but it'll wait until we get there."

"You can ask it now." Rob glanced at her and grinned. "I can drive and talk at the same time."

"I don't want us to fight while you're driving."

"What?" Rob frowned. "We're going to fight. What sort of question is it?"

Becky flapped her hands and smiled. "No. No. We're not fighting but when I ask the question you might get angry with me, and then we might fight. I don't want you driving if that's what happens."

"Are you pissed off because I didn't go to the movies last night?"

"No, Rob." Becky reached over and touched his neck and shoulder. "I'm confused over something. It's bothering me and I want to get it out in the open so I can move on but not until we've stopped. Okay?"

"Okay." Rob shrugged and gave her a stupid grin. She laughed so he hoped that was a good sign she wasn't angry.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

I would love it if you could vote, comment and follow.

It makes my day ☺☺☺♥♥♥ 