24

Evelyn's POV

"Hello?" I spoke into my phone as I was making myself a sandwich. My phone was on speaker phone so I could use both hands for preparing my food.

"Evs."

"Yes Thomas." I sighed, holding my sandwich flat as I ran a knife through it diagonally, throwing the knife in the sink as Tom was on about me coming over for dinner because his mum was making a lot of food for the family. Sam's girlfriend and Harrison were gonna be there too, and it was only fitting if I appeared at the scene a couple hours early because Nikki wanted my help with cooking.

The time on my oven displayed that it was 11:30 in the morning and I was expected to be round his home around 3 in the afternoon. I munched on my sandwich as Tom talked on and on about his press tour and how he was going up to Montreal for filming then off to Japan. I nodded my head rolled my eyes, as he rambled on for five minutes. I drowned Tom's chatter out by reading one of the labels on a cracker box.

"So you'll come right?" My trance was snapped, immediately.

"I'm sorry what?!" I asked once more taken aback, not sure he was talking about.

"Were you not listening to me Ev?" He laughed through the line.

"Uhhh sure?" I guessed.

"I said, are you coming with us to Japan and Montreal? You'd fly back home with Harry at the end because me and Harrison have to go to Canada for a day or so for Chaos Walking."

It took me a while to process, chewing slowly.

"I mean, I would love to go and stuff but I don't want to be a bother Tom. You're gonna be working and I don't want you to be spending your money on me really." I said swallowing my food.

3rd POV

"Come with us Evie please, c'mon. While I work you and Harry can explore as me and Haz go and do our press stuff."

"I dunno Tom, I'll think about it okay?" She said in a soft voice, trying to nicely reject the offer. She heard him let out a breathy sigh as she took another big bite of her sandwich.

"Just lemme know before tomorrow alright? We leave in about a week."

They said their good byes and ended the phone call as Ev leaned over the cold countertop crunching on her food she just made. She looked at the pros and cons of going back on press with Tom. Normally she wouldn't pass up the opportunity to travel with her best friend, but she didn't want to fall deeper in love with him than she already was.

She's been trying to ignore, him and it's been two full weeks since they've had agreed to their benefit of their friendship and she hasn't seen him in person since Kaya had scared the boys. Having sex with Tom wasn't making Evelyn's emotions any easier. Her heart bloomed every time she reached her peak with Tom but that was soon crushed when it was over and she was brought back down to reality.

_________________

"Hi Evie!" Paddy sing songed, as he opened the door greeting the small girl. Evelyn smiled, hugging the boy with the big red hair.

"Mum and dad are out right now getting the groceries." He explained turning around, Evelyn shutting the front door.

"All the boys are in their rooms, I've been playing basketball outside all day." He informed her and she nodded her head.

"Oh really? Getting all your trick shots in then star athlete?" She teased, ruffling the curls on his head.

"I'm gonna go see what Tom's doing, okay? I'll be back soon though." She watched Paddy nod his head and make his way into the living room. She ran up the stairs and down the hallway, she heard Sam and Harry arguing in Harry's room. She rolled her eyes shaking her head as she saw that Tom's room door was cracked open.