25

Evelyn's POV

"There you two are, hi Evie." Nikki smiled at us as we came into the kitchen. Still flustered and embarrassed of what just happened.

"Tom is that lipstick? And why are your guy's faces so red it's not that hot upstairs is it?" Nikki innocently asked, my eyes widened and I heard Harry start to laugh as he went outside to join Paddy.

"It's hot in my room that's all." He shrugged, his mother eyed him coming closer to him.

"I keep on telling you to shut your window, but no you don't listen to me don't you now, why do you have lipstick on? It looks like Evie's." She curiously asked, touching his face. I acted quickly stepping in to save Tom's shit excuse.

"He lost a bet, and the bet was, if he lost I could put lipstick on him. But since he doesn't listen he tried to take it off." I huffed rolling my eyes trying to make it more believable.

"Tom... if you lost the bet you shouldn't be rubbing it off should you?" She scolded, turning around to prepare some of the food.

"Yes Thomas, you shouldn't should you?" I teased, winking at him. He moved past behind me, squeezing my ass a little before going outside.

Nikki turned around to me, smile on her face. Holding a cook book, she put in on the counter letting out a huff and pulling out her list of what she was gonna make.

"Do you mind making the pasta? I have to marinate the steak and make the mashed potatoes and boil the green beans." She read off of her list.

"Oh it's no trouble, if you want, I can do the potatoes too." I said, grabbing a pot from under the cabinet.

"Oh if you would please." She smiled at me with a grateful smile on her face. I put the pot under the sink filling it with water.

While we cooked, we chatted about our current lives and how crazy they were. She wished me luck about my teaching career, asking me about the patience I had. We were into hour two to cooking when

"Hey mum-"

"Yes Sam." She huffed, blowing the steam from the boiling water away from her.

"Paddy just got scratched-"

"Yes and?"

I turned around to Sam, standing in the back doorway to the house.

"He's crying." He hesitated to say. I snapped my head to him, jaw dropping. Nikki let out a stressed sigh, pushing her hair from her face.

"That boy won't stop getting hurt won't he." She mumbled, dusting her hands off on her apron to go help her son in need.

"Really, Paddy? The worst time to get hurt is when I'm preparing-" I cut her off, going to the cabinet where the first aid kit.

"I got it, it's fine I'll give Tom the first aid kit it can't be that bad can it?" I shrugged my shoulders and grabbed the plastic case walking out where Paddy was sobbing on the floor holding his shin which had blood dribbling from it. Tom had his arm slung around his little brother as Harry tried to not laugh at the twelve year old.

I swatted the back of Harry's head, walking past him.

"Hey Padster what happened?" I asked, he wiped one of his tears with the back of his hand. He choked on his words from the pain and I frowned.

"He fell." Tom said looking up at me, I chewed on my bottom lip. I gave Tom the plastic box, getting on my knees in front of Paddy.

"Aw Pads." I spoke, Tom giving me some disinfecting wipes.