Oh Boy

Evelyn Loski had gone through the 5 stages of grief at least three times on the way home. But never the less, tears still fell down her face as she gripped the steering wheel.

She was so tempted to throw his gifts straight out the car, but she had spent a lot of money on the stupid cologne. So she thought to just give it to her older brother.

She cried on her bathroom floor on the night before Christmas and she had no idea what to do. But the rage inside of her told her otherwise. She was a calm girl, so she fought with herself inside of her head on the solution. But like any other girl who just found out their boyfriend cheating, but also on Christmas Eve, she went crazy.

She didn't even bother to grab a coat on her way out, or wipe away the smudged mascara that caked on her under eyes. Her heart hurt and her emotions where on fire.

She practically sped through the streets as there no little to no cars. It was Christmas Eve and everyone was with their families, having dinner and celebrating.

She sped into Tom's driveway, lurching forward when her foot slammed down on the breaks before she put the car in park. Thank the Lord Tom had given her an extra key because if not she would have just broke the front door with something.

She jammed the key into the door, opening it quickly. Tom was upstairs, playing with Sid on the bed and introducing the puppy to his big Tessa when he heard the door open. Alarmed, he got up off of the bed, leaving the two sweethearts to meet each other. His steps were quick against the carpet.

"Thomas!!" Evelyn screamed through the house, adrenaline coursing through her veins. She sounded angry, and confusion washed through him, but then panic. He looked at her over the banister, he ran to his door shutting it quickly so he wouldn't ruin the surprise.

"Evie, what're you doing here?" He nervously asked, watching her bound up the stairs.

"Fuck you, where is she Tom?" She asked, throwing an insult in there shocking Tom.

"Where's who?" He asked genuinely confused.

"Don't play fucking dumb!" She exclaimed, becoming more frustrated.

She made her way towards his bedroom door, but he ran quicker than she could walk and blocked it. Knowing that what he was doing seemed very shady.

"You can't go in there." He sputtered out, and he took a look at her face becoming concerned. Her eyes were bloodshot and tears and mascara was running down her face.

"Babe what's wrong? What happened?" He asked, being genuine but it only made Evelyn more angry.

"You cannot fucking ask me that Thomas, where is she. Fucking move Tom!" She sneered.

"No you cannot go in there Evie." He panicked, not knowing what to do.

"Why? She's in there huh- I thought we could actually work out. Turns out you're just another sleaze like the rest of the men in this world." She spat at him, hurting Tom.

"What girl Evie, what the fuck is going on?" He questioned. Evie stopped, pursing her lips, quickly pulling out her phone and Tom watched her cautiously. She easily made her way to the photo because it was the most previous and she shoved the phone in his face.

His eyes focused on the photo of him smiling and laughing with the back of Kaya, but Evie had not known it was her best friend. Tom muttered an "oh shit" under his breath and Evie tossed the phone at him. Pushing him away from the door.

Her hand gripped the handle, swinging the door open roughly. She stepped fast into her boyfriend's room and her eyes laid in the bed. Her jaw dropped and her heart sank looking at the puppy she so badly wanted.

"You got her a fucking dog?!" She screamed not knowing that it was her gift and Tom's eyes widened and stood behind the heart broken girl.

"How fucking could you? Who is she Tom?! Who the fuck is the girl?! You're so fucking disgusting."

"No, no Evie, I can explain."

"Go on. Go on then. Explain." Evie was on the brink of crying. Tom's mouth opened but no words came out and he carded his fingers through his hair.

Just then, they could hear the door opening and closing.

"It's probably your slut, have a nice life Tom. I'm out of here. To think that I wanted to have a future with you." She whispered the last part.

"No, no, Evie-"

"Hey Tom! I didn't know what color Evie would like for the dog beds but I just got both the grey and blue ones. Do you think she'll like them? If not, I have a receipt." Kaya's voice sounded through the house along with her footsteps among the stairs. Evie's fast footsteps slowed to a stop, and she looked at her best friend who was examining the beds and was not aware that Evie had found out.

"Kaya?" Evie breathed now having every piece fall back together, and Kaya looked up with wide eyes. Trying to put the dog beds behind her back, but could not succeed. Her eyes reached Tom's whose were sad and worried.

"Evie what-what're you doing here?" Kaya asked, watching Tom go back into the room. Evie's hands covered her face, and her jaw dropped.

"I thought-I thought." Evie couldn't muster words and tears fell down her right cheek. Tom came back out of the room with Sid in his arms and Tessa at his feet following.

"Tom?" Kaya hissed, looking at the boy.

"You couldn't succeed with one fucking surprise?! No wonder why marvel can't trust you." Kaya exclaimed, making Tom's jaw drop.

"Okay first of all, those were mistakes-"

"Shut up! I don't care, but are you kidding me right now?" Kaya's plan went down the drain.

"Maybe if you didn't want to sit by the window this wouldn't have happened!" Tom retaliated.

Evie stood there, watching the two of them. Guilt building in her heart.

"What the fuck are you on about?" Kaya asked while Tom stroked Sid's soft hair.

"I took a picture, I thought-" Evie couldn't give the secret away between she and Tom. But she had no other choice.

"I thought he was cheating on me with some skank." Evie splurred out in a rush, her eyes facing the ceiling so she didn't have to face what was to come.

"You guys are dating?!" Kaya exclaimed, dropping the dog beds on the stairs before bounding towards Evie.

"Oh my god, finally!" She screamed, wrapping her arms around Evie's neck almost suffocating the small girl. This was a trophy moment for Kaya, after waiting for years for the two to get together.

She completely ignored the fact that they lied to her, and she giggled into her best friends ear.

"Everything makes sense now, I just thought it was another girl who had the same fashion taste as me but turns out its just you." Evie spoke as Kaya pulled back.

"Tommy baby, I'm so sorry." Evie apologized, looking at her boyfriend who had a sheepish look on his face.

"Oh my gosh I feel so bad." Her hands covered her mouth as she stared at her adorable boyfriend with the adorable puppy.

"You guys settle this, I'm gonna go." Kaya exited the situation immediately, jumping over the dog beds on the stairs and Tom couldn't stop her.

"Honey no, no, it's alright." Tom approached the girl, setting Sid down and went to embrace her. Evie shook her head frantically.

His strong arms wrapped around her petite frame, and he kissed the top of her head rocking her back and forth to soothe her.

"How about, we take a nice hot bath, and talk things over before Sid meets his new mommy." His low voice spoke into her hair and she agreed with him. But still felt the guilt eat her up.