Oblivious

Evie slept on Tom's bed, after crying for so long with Tom right by her side. Out of the years that Tom has been friend's with her, he has never seen her actually break down. The storm that racked her head and made her feel like nothing worked for her. That is what he missed out on, all of the times he was not there to help her. Guilt ate him up, that she had to go through that alone. He almost hated himself.

How could he have ignored her calls, he knew what it would do to her. But maybe things were different. He was in such a bad mood today because he was frustrated with her. That no matter how much he wanted to distract himself from her, he couldn't let himself. He was too infatuated. He has broken so many hearts just because the girl wasn't Ev.

He loved the few months they spent together, body to body, with the pleasure they gave each other. But he knew that she would never want something serious, because it would ruin everything that they have built. He assumed that Evelyn doesn't want anything serious.

He dated only blonde girls, to try and distract himself even more from Ev. But it only made him attracted to Evelyn's natural beauty more. Tom always thought that the reason why Evelyn lashed out every time he got a new girlfriend is because he thought it was an attention thing. Unlike himself where he was jealous whenever she started talking to someone new.

He looked at her while she slept, just wanting to kiss her awake. To hold her. But he knew he couldn't. He couldn't do this, he couldn't be with Gianna if he kept thinking of Evelyn this way.

He sat there, becoming stressed with himself, before actually dialing his girlfriends number. He glanced at Evelyn, before sliding off of his bed holding his phone up to his ear. Tessa watched him leave but kept by Evelyn to protect her.

"Hey babe." Gianna's voice caught him off guard,  as he walked into his master bathroom. He almost didn't want to answer, and he took a pause that took too long.

"Tom?" She questioned.

"Hi Gianna." He cleared his throat, pacing around the bathroom. His feet stepping around the marble floor.

"Hi baby, how is everything?"

"Alright." He was being short so it wouldn't hurt her anymore than it should.

"Is everything okay?" She kindly asked over the phone making Tom feel even more guilt.

"No, Gi, I uhh actually wanted to talk to you."

"You're not breaking up with me are you?" She giggled as she joked and Tom sighed.

"Actually, that's what I'm calling you about Gianna-" He could hear her breath quicken, and her choke on her words.

"W-What? I thought we were doing well Tom." She asked with a shaky voice. Tom couldn't bare hearing another girl crying.

"We are Gianna, it's just everything is just so hectic right now and I need to take my time. With my schedule and work everything seems a little bit too much Gi. I'm sorry, I really am. It hurts me to do this." He was being honest.

"J-Just as long as you're happy." She wished for him.

"Thank you Gianna, I truly don't deserve you, I am so sorry. You deserve someone better than me honey, you're an amazing girl. I know we had so many plans in life, but I need to work on myself Gi. Just know that I care about you a lot." He spoke, shaking his head. Would his life really change without Gianna in it? Every time he was with her, he thought of Evelyn which stressed him out.

"I care about you too Tommy, I wish you the best in life." She spoke with emotion in her voice and Tom cleared his throat.

"Thank you for understand Gianna-" She had hung up and Tom sighed. Becoming angry with himself, angry that he had done this to yet another girl. He put his phone on the counter and gripped the sides of it. Looking at himself in the mirror. How the hell did he get himself into this. He stood there reflecting on his actions, a mix of emotions coursed through his body.