Healing Tactics

It did not feel real, at all. For both of them. There were so many questions gone unanswered. Why had it happened so quickly? Why didn't they just decide to work it out? Why had they both just given up so easily if they cared so much for each other.

Evie couldn't count the hours she spent crying that night with the loss of appetite, and Tom couldn't count the amount of hours he spent working out before boarding the plane. He was angry with himself, angry with the world, anger drove him insane. But he channeled it all into the punching bag, punching so aggressively to the point that his knuckles were bleeding and cracked, beginning to bruise.

But even that wasn't enough, he got home, stared at his flat with traces of Evelyn Loski literally everywhere. Her cardigan slung across some chair, one of her favorite blankets sprawled out on the sofa. Framed pictures of them decorated through out the home, including ones of her and Tess.

It all sent him into another fit of rage. He wouldn't dare to look into the bathroom, with the scents you wore littering the entire place.

He was going to ask her to move in, her and Sid. But things spiraled out of control before he could've mentioned it before. He couldn't help but wonder how things would have turned out if he had.

Her wiped his mouth and then rested his hands on his hips shaking his head.

He wanted to call her, tell her that he didn't mean anything that he said to her. That he would try and make his stay home longer. But he knew the chances behind that were slim to none.

He stalked over the the chair, picking up Evie's dark rose colored cardigan and felt it between his fingers. He clutched it harder, bringing it up to his face. Inhaling her scent that he already missed, making a piece of his heart fall off.

He shut his eyes, slowly sinking to his knees while he heard Tessa begin to trot over. She sensed his emotion, and how intense it was. So she snuggled into her owners neck, making the weight of his heart lighten a little bit.

She whined and he brought one of his hands to pet her soft hair. Tears pooled in his eyes and he pressed his lips together shutting them softly feeling the tears roll down his cheeks.

A gasp escaped his lips, and he replayed the moments between him and Evelyn in his mind over and over again like it was his favorite movie.

He stroked Tessa's head as she tried to comfort him, but his heart just felt like knives were being thrown it over and over again.

He didn't know how long he was there for, but he fell asleep on the carpet. Until he was awoken with swollen eyes and in the same clothes he was in before by his phone ringing. With the other side of the call being one of his managers asking if he was ready to jet off for work.

In which he would utterly throw himself into, anything to ease the pain.

~~~

Evie looked how she felt, dark bags protruded from under eyes, while she waited for her ex lover to call her and tell her he was wrong. Evie never thought the day of them being a part would come.

She stared at her phone in bed, looking at the photos of Tom on twitter as he arrived in Korea. A glamorous smile on his face when he greeted the fans as Evie's sported the exact opposite as she tossed her phone next to her to get back to her computer.

Evelyn Loski knew that she was beginning to shut everyone out, and she knew that she shouldn't. She also knew that she didn't actually need him, that she's perfectly capable without the infamous Tom Holland. But it was as if he took a piece of her heart, which was true. But how come this hurt more than it ever has?