Sugary Sweet

Evie sat in the back yard lounging in one of the sun chairs as Paddy was attempting to do some tricks on the air mat. Her skin glowing under the spring sun, and sunglasses dawned on the bridge of her nose. Music played softly from a speaker sitting on the table and she could hear the frustrated yells coming from the young boy as they tried to do a combination of flips.

"How the hell-"

Evie peaked her eyes open, looking at Paddy's
body sprawled out on the mat failing after several attempts. He pounded his fist hard on the mat while yelling.

"What's up Pads?" Evie asked watching the boy get up.

"Stupid, back tuck it's so bloody hard."

The redhead grumbled and Evie giggled, watching the boy start from the beginning. She pursed her lips, observing the boy swinging his arms behind him to gain momentum to throw his body backwards. 

He failed, once more landing on his knees. Making him yell in frustration; Ev giggled lightly, pulling her sunglasses off of her face and squinting from the brightness.

"Can you do a roundoff back handspring?" She asked, and he nodded his head. He walked along the track, before tumbling down it and looking at Evie who grinned.

"Try adding a back tuck after it, you'll have momentum. Standing tucks are hard." She commented, and he nodded his head. He tried once more, and Evie yelled for him to "pull Paddy" once he got around to the back tuck but yet no avail.

He sighed shaking his head and Evie made her way over to the track taking off her sandals. She stepped on the bouncy blue track and Paddy stepped off.

"Are you sure you're still able to do this?" Paddy asked, laughing while saying it and Evie glared at him.

"I'm not crippled, I still dance Paddy." Evie scoffed. Raising her hands up to begin, she took two steps before doing a powerful cartwheel and once her feet landed together, she reached back with her arms slightly bent. Doing a backhand spring, she landed once more and jumped up, her legs reaching her hands she tucked before straightening out sticking the landing.

She grinned at Paddy who had a shocked but impressed look on his face.

"She sticks the landing and the crowd goes wild."

The familiar deep voice made Evie's heart flutter and she whipped her body around to see her boyfriend smiling at her. He stood there in a snug black t-shirt and grey joggers, but yet he looked dashing as ever in her eyes. While he stood by the door with Tessa happily at his feet.

"Tommy!" She yelled, running faster than she can imagine and he met her halfway.

Their bodies connected, after so long of not seeing each other. His strong arms wrapped around her slim torso and she squealed in his ear while he picked her up to spin her around.

"Oh my god! You weren't supposed to be here until Friday! What are you doing here?!" She exclaimed, pulling back from him. Staring at his face that couldn't stop smiling with a sparkle in his eyes.

"I wanted to surprise my girl, I missed you too much." He spoke lowly, into her ear. He gripped her harder, wanting to be as close to her as possible.

"What about me?" Paddy asked, jokingly and the couple separated.

"Paddy!" Tom cheered and Paddy cooly walked over to hug his oldest brother.