Night before Christmas

1 Week Later (Christmas Eve)

Ev sat in her living room, a ray of different styled wrapping paper displayed in front of her. Scraps of the colorful thin paper were littering the floors from her frustrations at not being able to perfect the box.

Her home was warm, and she had a pair of purple fuzzy socks on and one of Tom's cozy hoodies on her body. She had cleaned her whole home that previous morning, and lit some candles she had gotten to make her house smell like sugar cookies.

She felt like taking a nap, feeling woozy from all of these comforting senses. She counted the boxes, organizing each one of them into a section. A section for her family, a section for the Holland's, and one for Haz and Kaya. But yet she had a few gifts set aside for the various Christmas parties she has been invited to, for the little Christmas games like White Elephant, or Secret Santa.

She pressed her lips together, collecting the scraps of paper around her. Wanting to clean up before she took one of her daily naps, before shopping a bit more for her family and friends.

~~~

Tom and Kaya were together, which was rare. They loved getting on each others nerves, but this was for their best friend. Kaya slouched in the passenger seat, looking straight ahead while Tom tapped his fingers against the steering wheel to the beat of the music.

Kaya's hair was down, and she was wearing a jacket that evidently she stole from Evie. Her fingers swiped back and forth on her iphone as she played some stupid game, for entertainment as they sat in comfortable silence.

"How's Haz?" Tom asked, pulling up at a red light turning over to the blonde who momentarily peeked her head up.

"I dunno, aren't you his best friend?" She asked. Teasing laced within her voice.

"Yeah, but you spend more time with him."

"You spend a lot of time with Evie."

"Ok but that is different."

"Not really-"

"Also, are you sure about this? I mean, an animal is such a big deal. What if it doesn't even like her?" Kaya added, Tom stared at the blonde.

"Evie's been wanting a dog since she was eighteen, and besides, everyone likes Evie." Tom replied, and Kaya eyed him. 

"Except for all of your past girlfriends bud." She shaded, and Tom rolled his eyes, steering the wheel.

"Oh come on, it's not like they were head to head."

"Mhmmm, sure. Anyways, what happened with Gianna?"

"I dunno, we just broke up-"

"Have you ever considered dating Evie?" This was not the first time Kaya has asked this. She's been asking Tom this ever since she had met him, knowing that her best friend was madly in love with him. Which Kaya just did not see in him, she didn't really find him attractive. Which was very strange. As Kaya finds most people attractive, she just looks at Tom and thinks average.

Tom cleared his throat, not knowing how to answer.

"I dunno, why?" He asked her, not help but feel nervous.

"Well, if you don't claim her soon. Some guy, who probably doesn't deserve her will swoop her off of her feet. Then she will be stuck in that relationship unable to get out, and she will hate her life. So you need to date her." Kaya's strong accent and fast talking made it hard for Tom to understand.

"What?"

"I'm just saying, you guys act like a couple anyways so why not put a title on it?" Kaya shrugged her shoulders. Tom shook his head and denied the statement.