Chapter 6: Together and Apart

Prince narrates:I cannot wait to see Penelope. My heart beats quickly with anticipation. Finally I hear a knock on my hotel room door. It's Penelope! Quickly, I check my hair before opening the door. She looks so good in her purple dress.

Penelope hugs me. "I missed you" she says,"In fact I wore this dress for you."

"That was very nice of you. But more importantly, how's your stomach?" I ask.

"Honey, you've asked me that whenever you call." She replies before kissing me. "And it's fine."

"You know I'm concerned about you. It was so hard to leave you in Boston."

"I'm tough. Jasper tells me so."

"He tells you that when you're whining that you can't finish the workout." We both have to laugh at that because it's true.

Hopefully she doesn't want sex. Even though she acts sweet and well mannered, she loves a good time in the bedroom. I don't want to sleep with her yet, I'm worried about her health. Is five weeks truly enough time to get well enough for fun and games? "Would you like to do some sightseeing?" I ask.

"No, I want to be alone. Just us. " She replies.

"We'll play cards then"

"Did enough of that in Boston." Penelope insists,"Prince, I missed you terribly. This is going to sound weird, but I only feel 'at home' when I'm with you. No matter where we actually are."

It sounds a bit odd to me, but a little poetic. "Baby as long as we are together, which I think will be for a very long time, Paisley Park is your home."

"Thank you." She seems nervous now. That was the truth I told her. Is she afraid of any kind of commitment? Has she cheated on me and feels guilty? If anyone has the opportunity to cheat, it's Penelope. All those good looking athletes and all the other various men she photographs. The male models in her ads are a woman's dream. So much temptation. 

We watch television while dining on food from room service.

"I...suppose you want to have sex?" asks Penelope timidly.

"That would be nice, if your doctor approves and you're in the mood." I say as I squeeze her hand, something seems wrong here.

"All physical activity is approved but Jasper has me easing into my former level of intensity with my ab workouts."

"You know how much I've missed you." I kiss her softly.

"Then you need some loving" She shoves me on the bed and kisses me.

Penelope excuses herself to the bathroom and comes out naked- except for a bandage over her scar. That's a bit odd. The operation was a few weeks ago. What's under there? Is the incision not healing well and she doesn't want to tell me? Does Jasper know more or less than I do? He is training her, she should be talking to him somewhat about her health concerns.

Now I'm all nervous and even less  in the mood. "Still wearing a bandage?" I ask

"Oh...uh... yeah... it's probably a good idea." replies Penelope.

Alright, I'll try to get through tonight mostly focused on foreplay and then maybe a little penetration, but I'm not going to be "enthusiastic" with her like I usually am. Tonight should be treated as though it's her first time.

It turns out to be one of the worst experiences I've had in awhile. Even though I'm trying to take it easy and be romantic, all I could think about was her health. She's only two years younger than me yet she's having to have an operation? What if this just the beginning and she's not as healthy as she seems? When she had to be admitted to the hospital I was so scared for her. Embarrassingly, I cried right in front of our bodyguards during the operation. I was unable to sit still and paced the whole time.

My fears prevent me from maintaining a satisfactory hardness. Penelope moans but I know that's a fake moan. She's no actress. I keep kissing and caressing her.

"I love you,"Penelope whispers as we finish.

Penelope narrates:

That was awful! But my first lover, Lars was worse-way worse. Prince must be turned off just like I feared. Probably would rather be fucking someone else. I couldn't turn him on at all tonight. Isn't this odd behavior considering he told me that we'd be together a long time and Paisley Park is my home. We're going to back to Minnesota in a couple days so I'm going to find a way to turn him on whether he likes it or not! Even if I have to go outside my comfort zone, I will turn this man on!

Should Prince have just been open with his concerns instead of trying to hide them?