Chapter 32: Split Ends

"Sugar,I don't want to spend time with Sabrina!"I inisist

"Why wouldn't you want to go to church with your sister?" Kim asks.

"Because she's perfect! She's a successful real estate agent, has won a ton of pageant titles, AND had a baby in November and has basically lost all the weight-it's only February! My weight is way harder to keep in check." I gripe as I stroke Amethyst, who is sitting in my lap.

"If she lost the weight that fast she's probably secretly miserable and hungry." Kim says in a lighthearted way as she snips my hair to it's former elbow length.

"Kim what do you think about cutting it a bit more?"Prince asks

Fine. Don't ask me. It's only my hair. "It's been this long for over ten years!" I point out.

"Then it's time for a change." Prince kisses my cheek. "I don't keep the same hair."

"Why, aren't I good enough as is? First you wanted me to get rid of my clothes and now you want me to have my hair different!"

"Honey, it's not like that. Change is fun. You don't want be stuck in a rut."

"When Grace and I go shopping she's always encouraging me to try something crazy."

"She's got the right idea. Try something on, just for the hell of it, right?"

"I guess...Hair grows out if I hate it."

"Yes then?"KIm asks.

My hair ended up being cut to mid bicep. Prince smiles with approval. I look in the mirror and can't believe how much I like my haircut! "Okay, you were right." I admit.

"Now, what was that again?" Prince smirks

"You heard me."

Kim leaves the room. "Your face has always reminded me a little of a young Elizabeth Taylor. " Prince informs me as I keep looking in the mirror. That's quite a thing to hear when you've always thought your looks weren't very impressive.He comes up behind me and kisses me.

"Thank you, Sugar."

"Since you're trying new things : I know you always wear long sleeved dresses on the red carpet, but for the next event could you wear something sleeveless? You put all that work into those sexy arms..."

"That's sweet of you to say. In my world they are perfectly fine looking arms. Your world people would think I looked like your bodyguard."

"Baby, who's going to say that? Those  stupid tabloid magazines? They are the only ones that would write that shit. And there's only one world-ours." 

He receives a close hug and kisses. "You've said you want standards of beauty to change but if you hide your body you're only conforming. Look at me: my appearance and music is like no one else's." Prince tells me.

"That makes sense. We'll concernsider a sleeveless dress sometime. Speaking of conformity, Krista and I have been trying to get her non fitness modeling jobs. It's not working even though she's beautiful. The agencies tell her her look is 'too taste specific'. We're considering submitting her photos to Playboy..."

Prince interrupts," Sports Illustrated would be a much better choice, particularly the swimsuit issue. She is in the sports industry so it's a perfect fit."

"You're a fucking genius!" I squeal.

"Thank you. In fact you're so good at photographing bodies, you ought to photograph the swimsuit issue."

"But I never go after really big jobs like that."

"Start!" Prince exclaims.

"But Sugar, I need to spend time with you. If I'm away doing big assignments, we'll be apart."

"We'll make it work. To hold you back would be a sin! "

"Maybe someday I'll get the nerve"

"Fine, squander your talent photographing small town drag queens." Prince exits the room, heels clacking bitterly against the floor.

But I do so much more than that!

Prince narrates:

Here am I trying to help her live up up to her potential and she wants to be ungrateful and stuck in her old ways! My future wife should be opened minded and aim high with her goals.I've imagined us being like the Paul and Linda McCartney of the midwest-the musician and his accomplished photographer wife. When I asked Annette if she saw it turning out that way she said she did but Penelope and I would be more glamorous than the McCartneys .

Wouldn't most women be happy that I was trying to make them their best? Why does Penelope want to remain stagnant? . I want us to move forward, down the aisle and to career heights we never imagined-together.

It's time for me to change into another outfit. As I remove my shirt, I hear Penelope coming up behind me. She puts her hands on my shoulders and says in a flirty tone,"You haven't been missing many workouts"

"You want to play nice now?" I ask, "After acting like I'm the bad guy for wanting to help you?"

"I'm sorry. Of course, you're always supportive. Yes, I do have the creative and technical skills to photograph the swimsuit issue and it would be an amazing goal to shoot for."

It seems to be hard for her at first to utter that positive sentence about her work, but when she completes it, she looks pleased with herself. Maybe we're turning a corner. Her fingertips slowly trickle down my pecs as she whispers "If you don't remove those pants, I will"

Secretly, I love it when she's bossy. Order me around Penelope. Tell me what you desire. The pants come off. I position myself on the bed in a way that I hope will turn her on. She makes me feel more insecure about my body than anyone else, simply because of all the sports figures she photographs. That's a confession I will never make. Penelope strips down to a sexy peach lace bra and panties. She kisses the top of my feet. 

Ooohh...we're off to a good start. Her hands journey along every muscle of my legs. No one lovingly fondles my muscles the way she does. Ever so lightly, she kisses my lips and she traces the outline of my six pack. My hands go to her hips and pull down her panties slowly. Penelope begins softly moaning in my ear. My hands go up her spine and unhook her bra.

How do you want it done?" I whisper.

"Tease me until I beg for you." She insists.

I treat her body as my pleasure playground while she moans and groans with excitement. Of course the fact that I know she'll soon be Mrs. Nelson has me hot and bothered.  Once she starts  screaming for me, I begin grinding and pumping  my future wife with all the energy I have. She'd better thank God for birth control the way I'm going at it!

"You have got to be the best lover in world." Penelope gasps as she falls back  out of breath on the bed. I kiss her left hand and say, "You're the one who turns me on"