Chapter 54: Son-In-Law

Prince and I are dressing for Sabrina's. She and her husband Brad wanted to have a little pool party and cookout to celebrate Prince and I returning home after the tour. Mom, Dad and Aunt Sophie will be there as well as Sammy of course.

"what do you think of this suit?" Prince asks, coming out of the bathroom in a rather small bathing suit, chuckling.

I burst out laughing. "You can't wear that in front of Dad!"

He digs out another suit. I slip into a halter neck navy one piece that cut high on the leg and put a casual skirt on over it.

"are you nervous about what they are going to say? " I ask.

"Nope. Remember I asked your daddy for your hand and he gave me approval." Prince reminds me.

"Just like that?"

" Pretty much"

"With your reputation most fathers wouldn't say 'go ahead, marry my daughter' " I laugh

"That's cause they don't know me"

Amethyst and I play a bit before Prince and I leave. She's the sweetest cat ever.

"How are we going to announce the engagement?" I ask

"Don't say anything. Wait and see how long it takes to notice your ring.""hope I can keep from laughing"

Everyone starts talking at once when they see us. I manage to tell about my trip to New York and when I mention my Betsey Johnson assignment and modeling job. They go wild while Prince beams.

" Don't worry I'll show you my pageant tricks for the show. I'm going to put Sammy in his new shirt! Didn't want him to spit up on it before you got here." Sabrina says, taking Sammy inside.

Damn, that nephew of mine is getting big. Sabrina comes outside with him. His shirt reads Littlest Prince Fan . "Isn't it the cutest?" Sabrina squeals."I had it made special."

"Sammy is too young to listen to Prince." Dad says.

"But he likes his Auntie's boyfriend. Prince, could you hold him so Penny can take a picture?"

He smiles,"I love to"

I get my camera out of my tote and take a photo. When I put my camera away, Mom grabs my left hand with genuine look of shock on her face! 

"Penny! Is that what I think it is?", she yells.