Chapter 24: Waiting Area for Sin

This day is definitely getting away from me! I'm running behind on an ad I'm shooting that features scantily clad bodybuilders. The problem with this is I had to tell my drag queen clients, The Living Dolls, to just get ready for their turn and wait in the waiting area. I can see what is going on in there from where I'm photographing the bodybuilders.

"Miss Smith, can you please oil my back?"asks Fred, one of my models

My assistants are busy so I start. It's not the first back I've oiled and it won't be the last. An older woman walks in and asks my receptionist to see me. The woman is told to sit down in the waiting area. The Living Dolls are a surprise to her. Hasn't she ever seen a drag queen before? She looks my way and shakes her head as I finish Fred. As I wipe my hands on a towel, I realize she looks familiar and I can't place her. That's gonna annoy me. She pulls a Bible out of her purse and tries to ignore The Dolls, that's easier said than done.

Cora Set, a brash personality says to Dee Dee Desire, who isn't much better mannered,"Oooo I don't mind waiting

Cora Set, a brash personality says to Dee Dee Desire, who isn't much better mannered,"Oooo I don't mind waiting. Mmm look at that beefcake! Think he'd get with me?"

"Hell no! Your contour makeup looks like dirt!" Dee Dee reptiles. Mystery woman looks to the ceiling, I swear she's praying.

"At least I'm not too fat for my waist cincher! " Cora retorts before saying to the woman "Which fella you like? You ain't too old to look!"

Cora receives a nasty look.

Gary/Virtue says "Cora! Leave the nice lady alone!"

Cora stands up, turns his back to Gary and raises his backside. The other Doll, the very mild Spark Elle looks a little ill. Gary shakes his head. The mystery woman is aghast. "You've got an ass like cottage cheese-no one wants to see it, Cora" scolds Dee Dee

That's it! I put my camera down and walk as fast as I can over there. "I'm so sorry Madam. Things fell behind a bit and those two got restless. Would you like to schedule an appointment?" I offer.