Chapter 23: Let Me Tell You Something

"YOU OF ALL PEOPLE OUGHT TO KNOW WHY I NEED TO BE PERFECT, NOW THAT YOU'VE LET PRINCE MAKE A GLAMOUR GIRL OUT YOU!" Sabrina insists.

"You know that's not what happened! I get dressed up for public events and he funds it, unless I find an appropriate outfit at a consignment shop or or something!" I insists.

"What about when you two came back from a trip to France and he'd bought you several designer outfits just because?"

"First off-that was a work trip for him. I splurged on a suit for client meetings after debating on what to buy. Prince liked everything else I'd tried on so he bought the other outfits. Grow up."

"It's hard to watch things like that when you're married to a cheapskate like Brad

"It's hard to watch things like that when you're married to a cheapskate like Brad."

"What's wrong with saving money?"

"Nothing. But he wouldn't let me decorate Sammy's nursery how I wanted" Sabrina cries a little. "Sammy's got a room with only basic unmatched furniture from various relatives of Brad's because 'Sammy will outgrow it soon'. I'm sure you noticed."

"No I didn't." I'm being honest. "But why does that matter?"

"My friends want to see his nursery because they love how I decorated the rest of my house. They call it the 'Barbie Dreamhouse'." Sabrina signs.,"Of course they are pretty gals I met through pageants and they still look beautiful even though they have children, so of course I can't drop the ball on that. Then there's the fact that I'm a real estate agent so my home has to be an example"

"If one of my friends had babies none of that shit would matter to me. I wouldn't judge her. Since the budget is bothering you, talk to Brad."

"Do you know how hard being your sister has become? People are so fascinated by you that they forget about me. That's not something I'm used to"

Ah, now I see why Sabrina wants to be Mrs. Minnesota- she wants to be in the limelight again. She feels the need for attention. I hug her. "Don't let my life bother you. I'm only infamous because of Prince."

"That's not true. You'll be famous even if you break up. You've got talent, looks and hang around the most important people in town. But I don't think Prince wants to dump you. Why would he? "

This is interesting Sabrina telling me I look good and complimenting me? This NEVER happens We part ways. When I get home I plop down on the bed tired and still in my tee shirt and jeans.