Chapter 29: Marilyn Again

"I found myself with some time before my flight home." Marilyn smiles.,"So I thought I'd visit my favorite musician."

Prince blushes a little."Shouldn't someone in your band be 'your favorite musician'? "he asks.

Marilyn laughs a flirty little laugh,"I wouldn't be in the music industry if it wasn't for you inspiring me."

Oh help me now before i vomit all over. She comes over to me,"What are we doing here?" she asks. 

"Working on a dress obviously" Cat sneers. Looks like Cat isn't impressed by Ms. Sinclair either. 

"We just finished a fitting with the ladies"Prince tells Marilyn.

"So this is a performance outfit? Well, you are the visionary. I'd go with something a bit more high end looking, but that's just my style" Marilyn purrs. She's wearing a Gucci outfit. 

"May I leave?" asks Cat."Go ahead." replies Prince, "Do you have time for lunch, Marilyn?"

"Absolutely." Marilyn answers.

Annette leaves for a lunch date with her boyfriend. Prince escorts Marilyn into the living room while lunch is being prepared. Amethyst actually tries to scratch Marilyn! That makes her scream. "Bad cat! We do NOT do that! "Prince scolds. He collects himself."So sorry, Marilyn. Maybe Penelope would like to show us her office. I let her have a business headquarters here " His look at me means this is more than a suggestion for him.

"That'd be lovely." Marilyn replies. 

"My office is such a wreck these days, I don't even left him see it." I giggle. I'm lying it's neat as can be. My comment has made Prince unhappy.

"Don't worry about it. I understand how creative types can be. " Marilyn smiles warmly at Prince and puts her hand on his shoulder. If only I could go over there and slap her! Just then lunch is ready. She notices the portrait of me by Andy hanging in the dining room. "You know, Warhol died recently and you're Prince's current girlfriend. I can't think of a better time to sell. Art is like any other investment you have to know when to sell" she says in a know it all manner.

Andy just died yesterday! That was uncalled for! I drop my fork, stand up, place my hands on the table, stare right into her eyes pissed beyond belief and proclaim,"ANDY GAVE ME THAT! I'M NEVER SELLING IT! I'LL HAVE TO DECIDE WHICH OF MY NEXT OF KIN I LEAVE IT TO!" Then I storm away from the table. It was enjoyable seeing her look like she was going to shit her pants.

Prince sighs. "Those creative types." he forces laugh. "I'm sorry, Marilyn. Normally she's more polite."

"Some photographers are temperamental. But you probably know that." she says, "Let's hope she straightens up if you plan on taking her on tour because I won't feel safe with her along, acting like that."

Note to self:pack pistol. Thank you, Dad, best birthday gift ever.

"Marilyn, it's not like that. She liked Warhol a lot. They used to gossip on the phone and she enjoyed visiting his studio. His death, shall we say, surprised her. " Prince insists. At least he's standing up for me. 

"Well, she could've just told me. I meant no harm. In the past I've invested in art and it wasn't my best choice. Thankfully I'm diversified. It's probably best I leave for the airport now. Apologize to Penelope for me would you? Ciao!"

"Goodbye" 

Prince narrates:

"Penelope, Marilyn didn't mean to upset you. She's sorry she did."I tell her.

"Then she should've apologized to me" Penelope gripes.

"Yes, but you scared her."

"Why did you want her in my office?"

"Showing people your office is a great icebreaker and they see how talented you are. It's fun showing you off " I kiss her cheek. It's only the mourning that is making her act like this.

"Thank you, Sugar. Did you know that Marilyn's piercing blue eyes are contact lenses? I noticed that when I was staring her down. By now I've taken enough photos to recognize real eye color. Real eyes have a uniqueness about them. "

"Maybe she just likes how they look."

 "I'm sorry I was a bitch. But it was disturbing to me how someone could disregard sentimental value. Anything you're sentimental about that isn't a guitar?"

"Absolutely. The photos I took the day we met. They mean so much. And don't you dare say you were fat back then, more voluptuous but not 'fat'"

 "That day changed my life. I thought I was going to be your latest one night stand."

"Sweetie, don't even think that."Penelope snuggles up to me. Our bodies always fit well together. Personally, what I think is bothering her, because it's bothering me, is the phrase Marilyn used "Prince's current girlfriend." Penelope has no clue that I'll soon be visiting her dad.