Chapter 18: Nighty Night

Prince narrates:Something has bothered me for awhile. Since Penelope and I seem to be laying things on the table, I decide to ask. "How did you meet Lars? Grace set you two up?"

"No way! He wouldn't have met her standards for me. One summer I was jogging and I saw him walking his dog. I thought Lars was cute so I nervously approached him. And he asked me to meet up later." Penelope squirms a bit as she says this.

I kiss her. "You have been through too much." I tell her.

"That's nothing compared to what you deal with! You have a stalker!"

"You got a creepy old man pursuing you!"

"I've got my own pistol now. I'm going to start talking it to work. " she laughs"Think you could ever shoot Gloria?"

"Uh...maybe...as a last resort...if she was hurting you or it was self defense ."

"Any word from that bitch?"

"No" That's a lie-I just don't want her to worry. She'd recently sent me a clipping from Town & Country magazine of her and some trust funded heir type. Hopefully Penelope has been upfront with me about Carter. Call me hypocritical.

"Sugar, I want some changes around here." Penelope states. Great she's got demands.

"First I want to have Grace come over sometimes. She's my best friend" Penelope says

"I guess." I reply. 

"Good! And I'd like to have Jasper train me here sometimes. He's no longer working at the gym and is talking on private clients in his home and I don't think you want me going over there. "

"Tell you what-I'll let you go over there with Hector."

"LET ME? You're going to have to be less possessive if we're going to make it as a couple."

"Maybe I'm a bit possessive.But it's your fault. You're so special, I want you to myself."

Penelope laughs. "Fine Sugar. I'll bring Hector to training at Jasper's."

"Any more demands?"

"Well, I'd rather you didn't contact Amber."

"I will never do it again. And I'll even buy cars at other dealerships."

 Penelope gives me a big hug. Suddenly all of my inspiration has returned "Let's go to the studio, Baby" I suggest. She enjoys hanging out in the studio with me and will do it for hours unlike some women. Another reason to adore her.

"I'd love to!" Penelope kisses me and all is right with the world.

Penelope narrates:

We wait for his band to arrive. He asks,"Why didn't you take your Basquiat? I thought you liked it."

"I just assumed you bought it because you felt guilty about Amber. So I left it behind" I reply

"The invoice is dated before that." He kisses me. "So it can be in your art collection without baggage since it was purchased out of love"

Art collection? Me, have an art collection? Looks like I'm starting to.

In the studio, I notice my blanket is gone. There's always a special blanket for me because I've spent so long in the studio at times, I fall asleep. Prince had given it to me for Christmas last year. It's so soft and warm and even has my monogram on it. It was a great gift. Because of me there's at least one blanket in every room. Napping is one of life's small pleasures.  I decide not to say anything because it's most likely in the wash since Amethyst lays on it, leaving fur all over.

Everyone in the band is happy to see me. So is Susan Rogers. "He was a mess without you." she confides very quietly, "Couldn't record to save his life"

"Stop gossiping or I'm cutting your pay!" Prince chides

"It's fine, she was welcoming me home." I interrupt.

" Let's lay down some tracks and quit talking!"

Once hours in the studio are behind us, I go to bed. Prince wants to work a little more. I slip into my cozy flannel pajamas that I've never worn for Prince. I normally wear satin ones with a nice robe. But I don't feel like being glamorous. Just want to be me. And I'm cold. On our bed is my blanket-on Prince's side! He must've been sleeping with it! That is so cute!

My sleep is disturbed my Prince getting into bed. I turn a light on. Prince asks,"New pajamas?"

"Oh... no...just something I wear when I'm cold and not trying to turn anyone on" I giggle.

He pulls my face closer to his, "I'm turned on"

My lips kiss his upper one and I feel his moustache tickle, his breath warm on my mouth. Prince places one hand behind my head and an arm around my waist as he pulls me closer. "This is what I missed" he murmurs.

Delicately, he lays my body back on the bed and tosses the covers aside. Next, he runs his hand along my cheek and unbuttons my pajama top very slowly. My heart is racing a bit as I am about to get some good loving for the first time in almost a month.

Prince undresses and puts on a condom. I get up and remove my pants. Goosebumps form on my arms but I know I'm about to get more heat than my special blanket could ever give me. "Damn, Baby. You're too fine." I'm told. Now both nude, we're kissing on the bed, so close and I feel my legs almost involuntarily open. My walls close around him. Our moaning harmonizes as his hands tend to my body. We've officially made up.He picks up my blanket and wraps it around our unclothed selves as we fall asleep together. 

"I love you so much, I'm sorry I left." I whisper before kissing his beauty mark.  

What did you think of Penelope's demands?