Chapter 19: To You, From Me

Prince Narrates:

December 1, 1986. I get out of bed and head to jewelry store for Penelope's present. As I wait for the salesman, a display of engagement rings catches my eye. Penelope and I are almost ready, now that I realize how much I appreciate her. What a great wife she'd be! How would I propose? "Thinking about marrying the little lady?" the shop owner asks with a laugh.

"Who knows?" I reply,"But first I've got to take care of Christmas. I want a charm bracelet. Silver."

"That sounds perfect!. My name is Tom and Penelope has done some of our ads before"

I want this to be very symbolic of our relationship so I pick out a cat (Amethyst), a globe (travel), a guitar (obviously-all the music we play together) and a heart (which I choose to have a "P" engraved on). "Can you do something custom?"

"For you, yes."I tell Tom what I want. "That's a tall order. But it's going to be done and wrapped up in time"

December 24, 1986 Penelope and I have had an amazing month, being sure to not be two ships passing in the night even though we've been busy. One thing that is keeping us busy is the final plans for our New Year's party. Penelope will finally meet Dad. I'd have introduced them sooner but we'd been working quite a bit. She's seen him at events he was invited to but they never got a chance to meet.I can't wait! When we're not party planning or working we spend lots of time together doing the simple things:cuddling, playing with Amethyst, shooting pool and of course making passionate love.

Penelope Narrates:

December 25,1986. Prince gets woken up by one of my kisses. "Why are you sleeping on Christmas morning?" I ask.

"Because I'm not a little kid." Prince replies. He gets out of bed.

Other than some guards, the staff is off today. We cook breakfast together in our pajamas. Cooking with my man with such a small staff around makes me feel like we're a more like a "regular" couple than normal. The way we kiss one another you'd think the ceiling was covered in mistletoe.Amethyst comes into the kitchen for her food. "Merry Christmas, Pretty Kitty." I say to her.

"She doesn't know what day it is." Prince tells me.

"Probably not, but I got her something anyway."

"You've spoiled her" Prince laughs, knowing he's just as guilty of that as I am. Amethyst even has a bed in his office. And once I saw a bag of cat treats his studio. Prince claimed Annette brought them. Uh huh.

"Amethyst, because you've been a good kitty all year, I got you a new catnip mousie!" I tell her after breakfast as I present it to her.

Prince shakes his head. "You're adorable" He comments "but now you have a gift to open."

"I have everything I need." I reply. We kiss each other.

"Here you are." Prince has this impish grin on his face as his gives me his gift. I can tell it's jewelry-the choice of all men. Since Prince picked it, I'm sure it'll be nice though. When I see the charm bracelet inside I squeal! Charm bracelets are one of my favorite pieces of jewelry and this one is all related to us! I'm a little confused because there's a big empty space in the middle.