Chapter 47: Up, Up and Away

Penelope narrates:

I sit next to Prince on the plane. Marilyn sits on the other side of him-she's oddly pushy to get that spot. When the plane has a bit of turbulence she acts kind of scared and grabs Prince's hand. I cough- loudly and glare at her. Prince gently pulls his hand away. "Cool it-you've been on planes before,"he scolds.

She huffs and reaches for her Louis Vuitton tote that matches her obscene amount of luggage. Marilyn reads an issue of Vogue that she'd stashed in there. Prince turns to talk to me when Marilyn insists on showing him an "Inspired" fashion layout. He smiles, takes the magazine from Marilyn and hands it to me. "You will do spreads like this someday-only better"

 "It's a long way from where you are to Vogue," Marilyn muses,"But I'm sure Prince could make it happen." She momentarily touches Prince's arm. 

 "I'm not gonna 'make' anything happen. That's insulting to her talent. Please go sit somewhere so my bodyguard can sit next to me." 

May I recommend you sit on the wing of the plane? I think."Sure, your safety is very important." Marilyn smiles. 

Your's isn't, I retort in my head. Marilyn grabs her over priced bag and seats herself across the aisle from us. She orders a martini from the stewardess and is so particular about it. Prince rolls his eyes. "Gloria was the same way about her martinis. Must be a 'rich girl' thing" he sighs,"She ought to ask to go make herself a drink" We get the giggles and Marilyn looks at using in a confused, pitying way. 

Yeah, feel sorry for us because we weren't born with a silver spoon in our mouths. I yawn and place my head on Prince's shoulder. Once his arm is around me, I feel comforted and fall asleep.

Prince narrates:

Penelope always naps on planes or on any long drive. My band enjoys placing bets on how long it'll take for her to start sleeping. I gently kiss the top of her head. Marilyn looks over with a glance that I can only describe as unsettling. Penelope didn't take to Marilyn at all. Usually, the First Lady of Paisley Park has at least a poised degree of civility towards those I work with.

 Now I'm slightly concerned that Marilyn might not be a good person. I'd explained things away to myself with phases like: maybe she's ignorant, she probably didn't MEAN to seem rude, she probably didn't realize how that came across.

I wake Penelope up in time for her to freshen up before we land. There will probably be cameras. She despises paparazzi more than anyone else I know. Penelope doesn't even call them "photographers" because she doesn't want to "insult the art and skill". 

We make it through the offending mob and to our hotel. Penelope looks at the view and proclaims everything to be perfect, as she always does. It's wonderful to travel with someone who continually appicates things, instead of acting like an ungrateful diva. Things get put away and we agree that my band and us will go out to a club, hang out in VIP and have dinner. I decide to offer Marilyn an olive branch and include and her band, my opening act."But why?" sighs Penelope as she zips up the skirt of her black and white evening suit. 

 "To see if she's any different in a social setting." I reply as I help her with her little matching jacket after she puts on a pale silver blouse, "You look sexy as usual."

"Good little piece of arm candy?" she laughs

"Always"

We meet everyone else in the lobby. Marilyn studies Penelope a moment. "I have friends with your skin tone-they'd never wear white without a tan." Marilyn muses.

I'm about to say that she should shut up and that I like Penelope's skin color but Penelope curtly says,"Too bad your friends are so insecure."

"They aren't 'insecure'. They just know how to look their best." Marilyn insists.

"If you say so. Let's go." replies Penelope.

Sheila takes me aside with a smile"Penelope looks cute and I think she knows it," she says. 

When we're out at club Penelope and I turn heads and she is charming and a little outgoing. I couldn't be happier. My face hurts from smiling so much. 

"What is with you,Sugar?" Penelope laughs

."Just cheerful." I reply.

"Keep it up. You have the best smile." Penelope gives my knee a little squeeze under the table. She kisses my cheek.Marilyn's band is sitting at a table with her. The band is goofing off, acting like the early 20-somethings guys they are. 

"You all are acting like an embarrassment! Remember to be professional so you don't bring shame to yourselves." she scolds.

I excuse myself from my table and go over to Marilyn's "They are having a good time. Everything is fine, but if you're uncomfortable with guys having a good time maybe you ought to go back to the hotel." I say.

She laughs,"No,no it's okay. Would you like to dance?"

"Sorry, but I promised this dance to Penelope," I lie.

 "What a stuck up bitch,"whispers Penelope when we're on the dance floor.

"Focus on me," I command as I press my body up against hers.She gives me her rapt attention.

Back at the hotel, we start to undress for bed. Before I remove my pants, I swing my hips around and tease,"I know you want this..."

Penelope gives me a wry smile, "Not particularly."

Naturally she's playing because grabs me by my waistband. Mmm, luckily for me she's naked. "I want on top," she whispers in my ear. It's her favorite position. I'm a very lucky man. Feverishly she disrobes me. 

Next she flings me onto the bed, ahhh... the benefits of being with a buff woman in your weight class. We laugh the way we always do when the bed vaguely resembles a wrestling ring. She lights a cinnamon scented candle that fills the room with a sensual warmth. I gently stroke her jawline while her eyes make contact with mine. Her lips make a beeline for mine, our tongues and bodies keeping the same passionate rhythm. I give that firm, perky ass a playful smack which makes her gasp. "I love my bad man" she coos as we finish off in a gentle missionary position. Penelope kisses me once more before turning over and falling asleep.

Lars wasn't worthy of being her first, he didn't know what he had, I muse to myself as I look at my stunning girlfriend. I pull myself close. Finders keepers, I smile as I fall asleep.