Chapter 2

*Warning*

If you want a strong female lead and all the other things we love to be, DONT READ ANY FURTHER THAN THIS even though I think this FL is just as strong.

You can read THE FINE ART OF ANNOYING MAFIA KING if you want that type of female lead but here? That's not happening.

This book is purely based on a possessive and controlling man so that is the central idea and theme of the book and I'm honestly tired of reading hate comments about the characters and I'm sorry but I won't accept you guys being judgmental and criticizing the characters bcz I have been very clear from the beginning how its going to be so if youre one of them then please don't read this book and if you do then don't comment.

Thanks.

Please ignore if you really like this type of stories.🤗

I gasped as soon as I saw myself in the mirror. I looked so beautiful. I definitely need to learn this from Skylar.

My Mom's friend Skylar did my makeup and hair. She is an expert and as I don't know much about makeup, my mom called her as she had to get ready too.

The long black dress fitted so perfectly on me. The dress was plain black with white laced design on the back and at the end of the dress.

Mayla's dress

Everything is so different now

Everything is so different now. I would have been so excited for a party and dressing up three years back but I guess things change. My life changed too after that night.

"Let's go down.Your parents must be waiting for you." Sky said bringing me back to reality.

We went down and I saw my parents standing near the stairs waiting for me. They saw us and my mom came and gave me a hug.

"You look so beautiful sweetie.." My mom said trying hard not to cry.

"Mom.. Chill. This is not the first time I'm dressed up." I laughed a bit.

"Looking gorgeous May." Dad said.

May.

Only he used to call me that.

I still miss him because I still love him.
I thought I'll get over him after three years but I still can't forget him. He is my past and now he is not here with me but in my memories he is still there. If only we would have stayed home that day then maybe...

"Honey..don't think much about it. It just makes you sad. You deserve to be happy so don't hurt yourself. It was past and it's meant to be in past. Don't let it bother your present." My mom said.