Chapter 3

Ryan's POV.

I groaned in annoyance as someone was poking me continuously. I just knew who it was because nobody could even dare to touch me like that but only him.

I opened my eyes to meet the source who woke me up like that.

Josh Anderson.

My best friend and only friend that I have got. He is there with me since my childhood and he is the only one besides my family who treats me like a normal human.

All others just wish to impress me and treat me like royalty because I'm a billionaire. Girls throw themselves at me just to be in my arms though I don't give two flying craps to those girls.

Sure I'm a billionaire and I'm arrogant. I get what I want and I never settle for less but I never show that I have so much money. That I was taught from childhood.

Josh knows each and everything about me and he is a part of our family.

"What the fuck is wrong with you  Anderson?"I asked him already annoyed.

"Hey Man..calm your angry ass..you should be thanking me that I woke you up because its already six in the evening and we have to go to the party and we don't wanna get late now.. Do we?" He said smirking.

That stupid bastard just knew that he was right. I still groaned and without saying a word I went into the bathroom for a shower.

When I came back it was already six thirty so I got ready quickly and we both went to the party.

As we arrived we went straight inside and all business person were there. They all gathered around and started talking.  After some time I excused myself and went to the bar for a drink.

As I was standing there and watching nothing in particular I saw a girl enter the hall. She was really beautiful and sexy. She wore a black dress which fitted her like second skin. I took my time to admire her features while she was busy in admiring the place.

Then she suddenly turned around and caught my eyes. I knew it that I was caught staring but I didn't care. She was looking into my eyes trying to find something I guess.

That's when I saw Mr. Grayson.My business partner standing beside her. And I got it that she was his daughter he was talking about. He is going to handover his companies to her.

I went to greet him and still she was staring at me. It was not new for me but the way she was staring was different. She looked so pure and innocent. She wasn't staring at me like most of the women do but differently. In a way that I liked it.

"Good evening Mr. Knights." Mr. Grayson greeted me.

"Good evening Mr. Grayson."I said slightly then he introduced me to his wife. They were both Very sweet couple.

Finally Mr. Grayson introduced his daughter.

"Meet my daughter Mayla Grayson."he said. Wow she has a beautiful name just like her.  I was about to greet her when she spoke.

"Hi. I'm Mayla. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Knights." she said with confidence and extended her hand for handshake.

"It's nice to meet you Ms. Grayson. I learned from your father that you're gonna take over the company after graduation?"I said that taking her soft small hands in my big ones.

By this time her parents left us alone and went to meet everyone else..
She was not looking into my eyes which I didn't like at all. I wanted to read her eyes.

"Your voice is so se..i mean yes. I'm taking over after i graduate."she said looking anywhere but me as I realised what she was about to say. She was clearly affected by my presence and I knew that.