Chapter 21

This chapter is dedicated to all my lovely readers. 💖😍
______________________________________
RYAN'S POV

"I had a sister...Audrey. She was four years younger than me and she was the heart of our family." I said looking into her chocolate brown eyes. She squeezed my hand to continue.

"Four years back, I used to have drugs." I glanced at her to see that she was shocked but didn't say anything.

I always feared this. What if she leaves me after hearing my past? What if she thinks that I'm not good enough for her?

"I was not an addict babygirl and I don't even touch them now. Trust me." I tried to assure her.

"I'm not judging you Ryan. Whatever you did in your past is past. And I trust you." She kissed my cheek and smiled.

"Thanks princess." I kissed her and continued,"Nobody knew about it. Not my parents or my brother or sister. One day I found my sister in my room. She was consuming those drugs I had. I immediately snatched them away from her and made her promise me that she will not have them again.

I just couldn't get mad at her. After all it was my fault not hers. From that day we both started falling apart and everybody was affected. She was becoming distant with everyone. At that point of time I told my parents and Nathan about that incident.

My parents were obviously mad about it but they never blamed it on me. They tried to talk to her about it but never listened. After a few months we found her passed out in her room and we immediately took her to the hospital.

The doctor said that she was a major drug addict." I sighed sadly as I remembered that day.

My girl hugged me tightly as if she was able to feel all the pain and regret I was going through.

"It's okay. You can stop if you want." She whispered holding my hand.

I nodded telling her that I'll tell her everything.

"The doctor suggested that we should admit her to some rehabilitation center or she will destroy her life. We also thought that it was the best decision. When we explained about this to her she went crazy and told us that she would kill herself if we sent her there.

We tried to talk to her but that night..she ran away. We searched everywhere. We asked her friends,searched the places she use to go but all in vain. The police also tried to search her but wasn't able to.

My father then appointed a detective for it. He was very positive that the detective will definitely find her and he was true. He did find her...dead."

I didn't realize until Mayla wiped my cheeks that I was crying.

Shit Ryan.

Stop fucking crying in front of your girl.

You're a man. God dammit!

"Everything happened because of me. If only I never consumed those drugs she could have been with us right now. I feel so fucking guilty. I ruined my happy family. I killed the only sister I had and loved."

"Its not your fault Ryan. Please don't say that. You're an amazing brother anyone can ever have. It was destiny. Yes, you shouldn't have consumed on the first hand but you never gave it to your sister so stop blaming yourself." She said. Her eyes were filled with tears of concern.

I hugged her tightly and that's what I needed the most. I am thankful that my girl understands me.

I love you Mayla Grayson.

---------------------------------------------------------

MAYLA'S POV

I looked at the house last time and sat inside the car. I'll miss this all. It was amazing. Nathan and Noah went in Nathan's car and I'm with Ryan.

Ryan squeezed my thighs in assurance that we will come back soon. I can't help it but get emotional. I love this type of places. I don't wanna get back to that boring and stressful routine.

"What are you gonna do when we get back? I asked him to break the silence.

"Work princess." He replied smiling at me.

"What are you gonna do?"

"Well..considering I have two more days left, I'll hang out with my friends. It has been a long time."

Really? You just met them four days ago.

Whatever.

"Will he be there?" He asked in his intimidating tone.

"Who?" I asked confused.

"Aiden"

"Obviously he will be there." I stated.

"I don't like him." He grunted.

"You don't even have to like him. " I answered.

"You will not go if he comes." He ordered. His eyes daring me to say otherwise.

"Why?" I asked looking at him shocked.

"Because I said so."

"Are you fucking kidding me? He is my friend. So get over it. He will be there." I yelled.

"Watch your tone with me babe. And when I say something you follow. Get that?" He hissed at me.

"I'm your girlfriend not your slave you asshole." I was beyond angry now.

He stopped the car and forcefully placed me on his lap. I of course tried to pull away but he is such a giant.

"Let me go" I yelled at him.

He fucking grabbed my face harshly and kissed me. He was punishing me. I can't believe this. He was kissing me hard grabbing my hair. He bit my lip hard making me wince so I tried to pull away but of no use.

He pulled away slowly and looked into my eyes. When I saw his eyes, all I could see was anger. He was mad.

"You are my Girlfriend like you said so I have every right to tell you not to go there. That doesn't make you my slave. " he said with gritted teeth.

"But he is my best friend. You can't just order me to stay away Ryan. You have to understand."I cried grabbing his shirt.

"Fine." He roared and placed me back on the seat.

He didn't say anything throughout the car ride and I was silent too. Finally when we reached home he opened the door for me.

"Thanks." I muttered getting out.

He didn't say anything and just pecked me and left.

Now that hurts.

He can't be just mad like that. He knows Aiden is my best friend but still he's telling me to stay away.

What am I gonna do now?!

-----------------------------------------------------------