Chapter 34

TWO DAYS LATER

"Don't worry baby. I'm here with you." Ryan squeezes my hand to calm me down.

We are currently on our way to Aiden's place where we are gonna meet Josh.

After Ryan dropped me off yesterday, I called Aiden and we decided to meet at his place.

Apparently everyone who knows The Parkers thinks that Josh died and Josh is not ready to come out in public yet.

I'm actually quite nervous with this whole situation. My present boyfriend is meeting my ex boyfriend.

And though Ryan looks all calm and collected, I know he is not. He just doesn't wanna make me more nervous than I already am.

And that's surprising because as long as I have been with Ryan he has always been possessive and hates it even if I talk to any man and now this is not just any m an.

This is my first love and my ex and still he is supporting me.

"What are you thinking babe?" he asks rubbing soothing circles on the back of my hand.

"Why are you doing this? I mean you very well know that he is my ex."

"I'm doing this for you and for us. You deserve an explanation for what that asshole did three years ago. But that doesn't mean I'll let you go near him even once. You are mine." he says in a hard voice.

I nod my head as I spot their place while Ryan parks the car and opens the door for me. I slowly  get out of the car and hold his hand.

Ryan knocks on the door which is then opened by Josh.

He looks at Ryan then at me and lastly on our entwined hands. His jaw clenches as he speaks.

"Who is he baby? I thought we will spend some time alone."

"Well I'm her boyfriend and I don't think she would like to hang out with you alone. And lastly don't you dare call her baby. She is mine." Ryan says with gritted teeth.

"You are just her boyfriend for now but she loves me not you. Come baby." Josh  again calls me baby which makes Ryan more mad and he tries to punch him but I hold him back.

"I'm just here to hear you out josh and I told you  that don't call me baby." I said seriously.

We enter his house and he guides us to his living area. I sit next to Ryan and he keeps our hands entwined the whole time. Aiden comes then and he sits with his brother on our opposite couch. For a few minutes nobody speaks a word then Josh  speaks.

"Do you remember my dad Mayla?" he asks with a serious expression on his  face.

I do remember his father though. His father was a rich bastard and womanizer. He slept with a lot of women and he also had mistresses. His  father never liked  me because he wanted his son to be just like him. Sick  and pathetic. He was also very abusive as  far as I remember. He used to beat his wife even if she didn't listen to him. People even thought that he was in the  mafia. Josh and Aiden never  had an easy childhood due to him.

"Yeah." I answer  him.

"Look baby...I want you to understand me and don't judge  me for what I did. I did  it because I love you and to protect  you." he said  looking worried.

"To protect me ?"

"YES " he replies.

"From  whom?" I asked confused.

"From my dad." he answers  looking down.

I sit there and stare at him and he continues.

"My dad was in the mafia. Yes,  the rumors were  actually true. And I am sure you know that he didn't like our relationship. Four years ago when he got to know that we were dating, he was mad. He tried to break us apart. He thought you were my weakness and you cannot afford weakness in the mafia world. He wanted me to join the mafia after I finish high school so he tried to even lure  me with different things but when it didn't work he threatened me that he will kill you." he said looking at me with tears in his eyes.

At that time, I wanted to comfort him but I still sat unmoved and let him continue.

"At first I thought he was just threatening me so I didn't do anything about it but when you got into that accident, I knew it that my father was a monster. I knew it that he would definitely kill you if I didn't listen to him so I made a deal with him."

At that point of time I didn't care if he left me or why he did it.Just looking  at him I  felt so sad for him. He has gone through so  much since his childhood and I did the  only thing I thought was right.

I stood up and left Ryan's hand to hug Josh.  His hands instantly made their way around me caging me in his warmth. I missed him so much.

"So I made a deal that he will not  touch you but I would have  to  go with him away from everyone to be trained. The accident which happened that night was planned where  you wouldn't get hurt. He arranged a dead body which was burnt so nobody could recognise it and due to his connections he made sure that no investigation could take place. And that night we both left."

"Ohh josh...you went through so much...im so sorry.."I cried for  him.

I loved him so it hurts just by  hearing him.

"Its alright baby. I am good now that I have you." he said and its then  when I realised that Ryan was there too. I looked in his direction to see  him staring at me with an unknown look.

"So how come are you  back now?"I asked turning towards him.

"He was killed one month ago  by another gang in a fight."he replied.

"Okay..so everything's good now?" Aiden asked looking atme.

"I'm still mad at you for keeping it  a secret"I said  but smiled.

"Im really sorry cupcake. please  forgive me?" he  pouted knowing that I will melt easily.

"Fine I forgive you." I smiled and hugged him.

"I am sorry too baby.." Josh said looking  guilty.

"Its okay Josh. you did it for us."

"So..lets spend today together?" Aiden asks excited.

"Aiden...I don't think its  a great idea. I  mean I would love to spend some time together but not today."I explained looking at him.

"Its okay baby..whenever  you want." Josh says kissing my forehead.

"I suggest you keep your hands away from my girl now that you  gained sympathy. Just because I was quiet the whole time doesn't mean I'll let you touch her asshole." Ryan hissed already mad.

"Ryan..." he cuts me off.

"Don't even try to defend him in front of me." he said glaring  at  me which made me drop  my gaze.

"See...I told you cupcake..he is not worth it. you deserve someone better." Aiden says that while  Ryan immediately stands to  attack him.

"Wait Ryan.."I stop him by pushing him  by  his chest and turn to look at aiden.

"Don't say anything when you don't  know everything.I'll see you guys later." I said  and tried to pull  out an angry ryan out of the house.

Ugh!

My life is a mess.

___________________________________