Chapter 32

I open my eyes to find the face of the person I thought was dead since last three years.

Now that he is standing front of me I feel betrayed. I have been grieving his death all these years feeling guilty but here he is looking just like he looked three years back.

I look around myself to find myself sitting in their living room. The same place where we had so many memories together.

I find Aiden sitting on the leather sofa opposite to me looking worried.

"Baby?" The deep voice which I was in love with speaks making me turn towards him.

He comes to sit next to me and takes my hands in his which I instantly snatch away. A hurt expression crosses over his face.

"Baby lis.." he starts but I cut him off.

"No. Stop. Who are you?" I snap at him.

"I'll explain everything baby..." he starts but I again cut him off.

"First of all. Stop calling me baby. You lost the right to call me that." I hiss in anger.

Does he think that coming back to life like this after three fucking years is normal!?

Right now I don't care whatever the reason might be..I'm not ready.

I don't know what to feel. Should I be happy that my first love is not dead? Or should I be mad that he was lying all this years?

"I'm sorry Mayla but please you need to hear me out." he pleads with a pained expression.

I stood up from the sofa to stare at him.

"No. You hear me out. Do you know how much I have suffered all this time? Thinking that you were dead?! That my first love died in front of my eyes and I was unable to do anything!" I all but scream at him.

"I have cried and cried that I lost you. I was not myself without you. And for what did I do all that? Visiting the cemetery every month on our trio day and shedding tears. For getting this? After three years?!" I shout pointing at him.

He looks taken aback by my outburst and doesn't speak for a few minutes and just stares at me.

He composes himself and then comes near me and I take steps back.

"You think it was easy for me to live without you!? No. I have suffered equally just as you have. You atleast thought that I was no longer in this world. But what about me? I have to live every single day knowing that you're alive and still I couldn't be with you. I have never stopped loving you baby. Please just trust me and let me explain why I did it." he speaks with so much pain that it hurt me too.

No matter whatever happened or happens one thing is very clear that I'll never stop loving him.

"I love you Mayla. Please let me explain." he says slowly coming close to me.

This time I don't back away when he holds my hand.

"Josh."I whisper staring into his eyes full of emotions.

He slowly wraps his arms around me and my hands too make their way around his neck and I find myself leaning in his touch.

My eyes are already watering from what happened in just last hour.

But during that few seconds of hugging Josh I realize something.

Josh is my first love and he still has a place in my heart which will never be filled by someone else.

He hugs me a little tighter as if he was scared I would disappear.

But I don't get the shivers and butterflies in me like I get even by Ryan's touch.