Chapter 3

"Put them away," Kaiden heard the female speak. Her voice was so smooth and angelic; the demon couldn't wait to capture her soul. It wasn't as pure as the younger angel. Lucifer always experiences more pleasure with those who are entirely innocent.

Their beautiful wings vanished, and the two angels started walking towards the car, not making a single noise as they observed the situation.

The younger angel came into view for Kaiden to feast with his eyes, and he very nearly laughed. He was short and petite. The demon was confident that he could catch him without even really trying. He didn't look physically strong. Mentally, maybe, but that won't save him.

Their cream coloured clothes were hurting his eyes as the sun brightened everything it touched. Slowly, he edged through the grass when the angels walked around the opposite side of the vehicle, stepping on broken glass and making themselves known to the victims trapped inside.

"Hello! Help us please!"

The younger angel's face grew somewhat sympathetic; he hated seeing humans in pain, it tugged at his heartstrings. The teen had to follow the other angel's orders. He was shadowing her after all.

Kaiden scratched the bump just above his right elbow. It was a small piece of metal, the size of a fingernail, inserted into his skin that switched off the ability for angels to detect when he is close. They used to be able to sense each other, but the demons are, of course, working dirty and will do anything to make it easier to catch their enemy.

"How many are in the vehicle?" the woman questioned when Kaiden was only a few centimetres away. He couldn't see the angels, just their feet through the crushed windows. He gently ran his fingers along the cold metal of the door, wondering how sore it would feel to have a wing ripped off.

"Three." The male voice was also incredibly soothing, making the demons thirst to take a life a lot more intense.

"How many are still alive?"

"Just one."

Kaiden detected the sadness in his voice, and he covered his mouth to prevent a chuckle from escaping. His demon traits were shining through, and his eyes were crazed and excited. He couldn't help it; this is a part of him that was hot-wired, just like the rest of the hellhounds.

"Let's get to work." The female angel crouched when Kaiden started to tiptoe around the family car, enjoying the smell of death in the air. "Hello there sweetie, do not panic, we are here to help you."

"P-Please! I'm in so much pain!" she cried and pushed her hand out of the window. The younger angel held it tight while his mentor stood up, needing to pry the crushed door off its hinges. Kaiden was growing too eager and stood on a big chunk of glass, cracking it under his heavyweight.

The angel of a higher power froze and glanced up, catching the stare of cold amber eyes.

Her wings instantly shined when the demon revealed his black soul, changing his eyes to match his dark heart. The male angel looked up when a creamy glow appeared, and she vanished, leaving him behind without a single warning. Seeing the demon and not wanting to waste a single second in potential danger, the angel grew selfish and thought of herself to be more important.

Kaiden only had seconds to spare as he dashed around the car. His glare landed on the small angel who jumped with fright and scurried back. The fear was so vibrant in his eyes, Kaiden couldn't wait to grab him and put an end to their shine.

The angel flashed his wings and turned, just as the big built man grabbed them, squishing his feathers within his grip.

"No!" the angel cried and winced in pain when Kaiden crushed the end of his wings. "Please, let-"