Chapter 51

A few of you thought that the story had ended, but don't worry, I will tell you at the bottom of the chapter when it does, which is not now haha.

Thank you for reading my update and have a lovely day. It's snowing right now so if anyone wants to send hot chocolate my way it will be greatly appreciated ;)

- Sian

Kaiden merely blinked, and he was facing Panuleon in the library. His mind was back in the real world as he pulled his hand away, leaving his right one still intertwined with his soulmates when Panuleon collapsed into Corey. Sweat dripped from his forehead.

"I need to rest," Panuleon breathed and flashed his wings. "Kaiden, I'm glad that was your mother. I hope you have found some closure."

Milokan opened his mouth to speak, but the angel and the human vanished to their bedroom so Panuleon could lie down, leaving the teens in the quiet library with their heads spinning with information.

"I have found closure," Kaiden mumbled, "she's safe."

"Yes, and she will be living in peace until you meet again," Milokan beamed and stood in front of him. "I am happy you got a chance to see that she is free."

"Me too." Kaiden stood up and cleared his throat. The blank stare returned to his face, as well as the flat line on his lips, blocking any sign of emotion. "Let's go."

"Where?" Milokan hurried by his side, struggling to keep up with his long strides.

"Back to Zachariah. You want to be with him, don't you?"

"Well," Milokan pulled on Kaiden's sleeve, stopping his march. "I think I want it to be you and me for a while. Can we go exploring again?"

Kaiden studied his soulmate. Those beautiful emerald eyes were twinkling against the chandelier. It reminded him of when they were chained in the tiny room after the humans captured them. It seemed like a lifetime ago now, but if it wasn't for the humans, Kaiden might have killed his soulmate. The thought of even harming a hair on Milokan's head was too much for the demon. It surprised him that murder was such an easy thing, mainly directed to angels, innocent angels.

He blinked when he felt some warmth on his hand, which had found its way to the angel's cheek. He was gently strumming his thumb against the side of Milokan's mouth, and the young angel had rested his own hand over the demons, feeling his mellowed affection.

Kaiden moved his hand from his face and stroked it down his arm, searching for his fingers.

"Let's go in the attic. It was full of weird human stuff."

Milokan locked their hands together and did not attempt to hide a goofy grin.

* * * * *

After Panuleon had rested, he was telling everyone about the events that happened with Kaiden and his parents. Of course, people living in the Vanderwood Mansion knew about the werewolf world after Panuleon was assigned the job as a guardian angel of a God. It was a huge honour and something angels in heaven talked about with jealousy and excitement.

"How did his parents make it to the werewolf world?" Duke questioned with concern.

"A tear and Jacota closed it, but as far as I'm aware, they risked heaven to get through. I am not sure why they would risk such a thing." Panuleon sighed. "The relief on Kaiden's face was worth my pain. He looked very thankful that his parents were no longer in their old world."

"It must have been hard for him to say goodbye to his parents again," Duke said.

"Yes, but they are safe now, right? Jacota will allow them to live there?" Madison asked Panuleon, who nodded with a smile.