Chapter 49

Okay, I'll be honest and say I've been demotivated with this story for the past week (and I've been recovering from being very ill). Although, the only reason I'm stuck is that I know it's slowly coming to an end which means... *drum roll* The sequel to Lunar Whispers is in the process of beginning and I will publish it the day this story ends, which is sooner than you think (And don't worry, I'll make it very clear when this story is finished and when the sequel for Lunar Whispers is out). Thank you all for being patient, I know I have been really slow and the wait is annoying, but the fact that you are still here 49 chapters later is a miracle to me! I hope you enjoy this chapter ;)

- Sian

Everyone stared at Zachariah as he and Milokan stood together in the dining room. The grand table was full of everyone who lived in the mansion, eating their food. Their expressions were shocked, apart from those who knew about Zachariah's secret son.

"What?" Oliver squeaked in a high-pitched voice. His eyebrows were so high, Vinny thought they would reach his hairline while gripping his leg, stopping him from leaping up with excitement.

"Milokan is my son," Zachariah beamed, resting his hand on Milokan's shoulder.

"You and Jenny had a child together?" Madison asked. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

Jenny bit her lip but smiled at her soulmate, encouraging him to be truthful with confidence.

"He is not Jenny's child."

Samantha, Corey's mother and Jenny's sister, watched him with a growing frown, knowing they had been together longer than Milokan's age of eighteen.

Zachariah then explained what happened to him all those years ago and the shock turned to horrified stares, then pity.

Kaiden watched Milokan from the end of the dining table, distancing himself from any form of social interactions. He saw how his soulmate started to fidget and the shimmer had gone from his eyes. Milokan was deeply ashamed of how he was conceived, Kaiden could feel it.

Zachariah quickly spoke about how his son was treated in heaven because he was born in hell and is not an angel of purity. When eyes moved to Milokan, the young angel's shoulders slumped with disappointment.

When Zachariah finished speaking, Luka was first to stand up after observing Milokan. He walked over and pulled the angel into a warm embrace. Even Rayvon was surprised by his actions.

"I am a half-angel, and my eye is strange. I understand what it is like to feel different," he whispered. "You've had it much worse, and you know that we are a very accepting family. You are brave for sharing your past, and we will never judge you because of it."

Milokan hugged him back, feeling humbled by his efforts to comfort him. He glanced at Kaiden who had to look away. It annoyed the demon when people touched his angel. He knew he shouldn't be so possessive; it wasn't good for their relationship. He trusted Milokan and showed it by staying silent.

"That is very kind of you Luka, thank you."

Luka nodded and pulled away, smiling shyly as he slipped back into the seat next to Rayvon. Panuleon and Corey squeezed each other's hand, silently congratulating themselves on raising such a kind-souled child.

"Thank you for telling us, Zachariah. It must have been incredibly difficult for you," Duke said. "Well, for both of you." He glanced at Jenny with eyes of sorrow. He couldn't imagine the heartbreak.

Oliver then leapt up and rushed towards the teen angel, just like everyone expected. Vinny sighed and watched how he engulfed Milokan and Zachariah at the same time.