Chapter 22

I know that I haven't been too speedy with my updates over this past month, so here is another chapter to say thank you for your patience and your optimism towards this story! You all mean a lot to me.

- Sian

"What else do you know that the angels have not told me?" Milokan questioned, eager to understand.

"Well," Jeronah looked around, enjoying the peaceful environment, "before we discuss this, maybe we should move to a different area. Have you been here for long?"

"Too long," Kaiden muttered with a scowl, still not warming to the idea of letting a stranger stay with them. "We're going."

Jeronah studied the demon for a moment and said, "Alright. Lead the way."

The manner in which he looked at Kaiden made Milokan wonder if he has ever met a demon before. Jeronah seemed to be highly intrigued.

"When we land again, will you teach me how to-"

"Yes!" Snapped Kaiden and gripped the angel's shoulder with too much force. Milokan winced, and the demon let him go. "Just stop asking me."

Kaiden's guilt hit the angel hard. He didn't mean to hurt his soulmate, but he should not have lost his temper over a simple question. His anger issues needed to get tamed if they were going to live peacefully together. Milokan did not want to feel on edge, knowing he could break at any moment.

When the angel lifted his arms, Kaiden bent down and gently picked him up.

"What do you say?" Milokan questioned and wrapped his legs around his waist.

"What?" The demon scowled.

"You hurt me. So, what should you say?" The angel watched him, expecting an apology.

"Nothing."

"I am learning to compromise with your anger. In return, I would like your manners."

Kaiden rolled his eyes and thought about dropping him.

"You're worse than my mother," he muttered, but the angel continued to stare with expecting eyes. When the situation started to get awkward for the demon, he ended it. "Sorry that you're annoying."

"So close," sighed Milokan, "but not close enough."

He jumped down and flashed his wings, getting ready to make rifts to anger the demon further. Kaiden reached forwards and gripped the side of his wing. It wasn't strong enough to hurt his soulmate, but he would pull out feathers if he disappeared.

"Don't do it," Kaiden warned.

"Apologise to me."

"No."

"Kaiden," Meloras groaned, "I have told you this too many times now. Treat him with respect. Do not break promises with me."

Her son glared in her direction, catching the gaze of Jeronah who watched with an odd twinkle in his eyes. He looked differently at Kaiden, and he didn't like it. The demon pinched the bridge of his nose and stared behind the angel, not daring to find himself engulfed by the beauty of his features.

"I hurt you, I didn't mean to, and I'm sorry." Kaiden's response was somewhat monotone, but one Milokan could accept.

"Thank you. I forgive you." The angel lifted his arms once more and waited for his soulmate to crouch.

"That's it?"

"Yes. It is never hard to apologise, and it should not feel difficult unless you are a demon. I know it is hard for you, but I appreciate that you try. That is what matters to me."