Chapter 33

I hope everyone is having/has had a great Monday! Thank you for reading this chapter, it means a lot to know you're still enjoying this story! :)

- Sian

"This is getting rather awkward," Milokan mumbled. He wasn't talking about the fact that Kaiden had no clothes on and was standing in the river, and his lower half was still visible in the clear water. The angel didn't care about seeing his naked vessel; it made him feel a little bit of satisfaction. He cared about the atmosphere because it was thick and uncomfortable.

Kaiden had stolen more toiletries from a shop and was currently washing his hair. Ignoring the angel, just like he ignored Jeronah and his mother for the past two hours.

"You have to talk to them soon. I am fed up with the tension."

Kaiden turned his back to him and let the soap run down his face, neck, and shoulders. He had already washed his teeth and body, feeling some of his worries wash away with the dirt. The demon moved his shoulder blades in discomfort. There was an ache in his back, most likely from the many scars.

"Kaiden?" the sweet voice of the angel made him sink down, so the water filled his ears. He submerged his head in the icy water and ran his finger repeatedly through his hair, washing out the shampoo. When he stood back up and rubbed his eyes, he almost stumbled back. Milokan was now standing in front of him with a stern look and crossed arms.

"You cannot ignore me forever."

"I thought you couldn't swim."

"My feet are touching the bottom."

"Only just," the demon smirked, but Milokan was not amused. The water stopped at his collarbones but was just above Kaiden's belly button.

"When will this be resolved?" The angel tried not to watch how the water dripped from Kaiden's face and ran down his muscular body. His black hair was pushed back, exposing the scar running over his eye.

"Soon," Kaiden grumbled.

"Your clothes are dry now, so you have no excuse to stay in the water any longer." Milokan had washed Kaiden's clothes and left them to dry in the sun.

The demon stared, a little more intense than what he wanted.

"Why are you being so demanding?"

"Would you listen to me if I was just nice?"

Kaiden tensed his jaw and looked down. Of course, he would listen to him, but he could never admit it, just like he couldn't reveal how the angel's scent was starting to fill him with desire everytime the wind brought it to him. Even his touch felt warmer and more intensified. He wondered if Milokan felt the same.

"Maybe," he muttered and turned to climb out. He pulled on his boxers, aware that he should steal new ones soon. Their bodies don't get washed as often as humans, but at least he felt clean and smelt that way too. Kaiden felt eyes on him and turned, just as Milokan glanced away with pink cheeks. Kaiden pulled on his black jeans and t-shirt, not moving his gaze from the angel. For a moment, he wondered what Milokan's build looked like under those perfect, clean smelling clothes. He shook his head with a deep frown. What was happening to him?

The demon turned and scanned the area, catching his mother and Jeronah attempting to comfort each other. He swallowed what felt like the brick wall of his pride and thought about walking over.

"Go, this needs to be done." Milokan was now standing next to him, bone dry. The angel flapped his left wing, checking if it was fully healed and also hitting the demon on the back of the head. "Do it," he demanded.